C4 Forums | Control4

Atlona Pro3 88M

Hoping to pick the brain of a few of you seasoned programmers.  I have just installed an Atlona Video Matrix Pro3 88M - POE.  Video signal working great to all locations as well as sound.  POE Received at each television location.  My issue is the IR is not working.  I am using the driver downloaded from the Atlona website.  Controlling via IP.  No IR connection given in Composer Pro with driver so I cannot connect HC800 to Pro3 88M.  Any ideas why the IR would not be working?  I should not have to worry about a direct IR connection since I am controlling via IP, correct?  Thanks.

You have to pass the ir though the matrix and then it goes out to the 70rx. So connect ir out of c4 controller to ir input. The up connection is only for control of the matrix. If you can use rs233 connection at the Tv's this will pass from controller to matrix via ip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks twmoonly.  I connected from 800 to matrix but no luck.  Is there a connection to be made in composer pro?  I have it on IR input 6 on HC800 but there is no connection to be selected from IR port to matrix in programming.

Thanks twmoonly.  I connected from 800 to matrix but no luck.  Is there a connection to be made in composer pro?  I have it on IR input 6 on HC800 but there is no connection to be selected from IR port to matrix in programming.

Pretend the matrix isn't there and that the IR is being connected directly to whatever device it's ultimately controlling. The matrix is essentially just a passthru.

So if I use output 6 on my HC800 and connect it to the matrix and have 5 televisions that will not work because I have to have an IR connection assigned independently to each TV.  As previously stated, the matrix will not work via IP unless I use serial ports.  I have to connect 5 individual ir inputs into the matrix that correspond to the HDMI output to each TV?  i.e. bedroom 2 is on HDMI 2 I have to connect an IR cable from Control4 HC800 to IR input2 on matrix and assign the IR in connections from the HC800 to the television in bedroom 2?

Thanks.

So if I use output 6 on my HC800 and connect it to the matrix and have 5 televisions that will not work because I have to have an IR connection assigned independently to each TV.  As previously stated, the matrix will not work via IP unless I use serial ports.  I have to connect 5 individual ir inputs into the matrix that correspond to the HDMI output to each TV?  i.e. bedroom 2 is on HDMI 2 I have to connect an IR cable from Control4 HC800 to IR input2 on matrix and assign the IR in connections from the HC800 to the television in bedroom 2?

Thanks.

Maybe you should start be declaring what you're trying to accomplish. I assume that you're wanting the IR to control the TV, is that correct? If so, yes - you'll use one IR output for each TV.

FWIW, I've tried to use the IR through a matrix on two different projects and it failed to work both times. I ended up running a separate cable for IR. The best advice I can give is...don't use IR. I don't have a single IR driver.

You  need to bind IR  the HC-800 to the input device, not to the matrix like previously stated it works as a pass through.  your driver for the Atlona maybe IP but you still have to power on the TV's with IR.

Obviously your going to use up the 6 IR ports quickly on the HC-800, I snagged an extra HC-300 to basically double as an IO/Extender

because you need IR to control all your sources(if they dont have IP drivers, ie: cable tv boxes,xbox) and all your TV's because most dont have IP drivers (samsungs etc)

Thanks guys.  Yes I am wanting to control each TV via IR through the matrix and then out the extenders to the Television locations. 

DHendriksen - do you use serial ports instead?  How do you control the TVs without IR?  If I use serial ports at TV do I have to connect any IR from the HC800 to the matrix or will in then connect through IP?

blackfiveo1 - luckily I have IO/Extender so I have available outputs. :D

Thanks guys.  Yes I am wanting to control each TV via IR through the matrix and then out the extenders to the Television locations. 

DHendriksen - do you use serial ports instead?  How do you control the TVs without IR?  If I use serial ports at TV do I have to connect any IR from the HC800 to the matrix or will in then connect through IP?

blackfiveo1 - luckily I have IO/Extender so I have available outputs.

My displays are a mixture of IP and Serial RS-232. I have 4 Pioneer Elites that are Serial, I have 1 Sharp that is IP and an Epson Projector (I can't remember if that is Serial or IP). IR sucks and won't buy a device that can't be controlled through Serial or IP.

Thanks guys.  I connected by IR because most of the TVs don't have IP/serial connection.  It is working though so that is all that matters.  Thanks for the assistance.  I will keep the IP comment in mind.  Infrared always seems to crap out for some reason.  Going to be looking at installing different TVs going forward.

Archived