C4 Forums | Control4

Configurable keypad bug on led colors

Hello,

I have 3 of the new configurable keypad on my house and every time I got a power failure they loose the led configuration.

What I have noticed is that, all but one that are linked to a load, but with the less configured for push/release color loose the corrected color after the power returns. Those less that are configured for follow the load are correct.

Is it a bug? Are there any workaround?

Thansk

You are likely setting the current color which means when it reboots it goes back to default

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There is no programming involved..

The keypad is configured to have like blue when released and green when pressed, and the button is linked to the toggle of a load.

When the power goes off, it return with black when released and blue when pressed.

The same keypad has another button not linked to any load and this button is with the right colors when power returns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, gcjacob said:

There is no programming involved..

The keypad is configured to have like blue when released and green when pressed, and the button is linked to the toggle of a load.

When the power goes off, it return with black when released and blue when pressed.

The same keypad has another button not linked to any load and this button is with the right colors when power returns

If the keypad is configured to change a color "when pressed" rather than being programmed based on the "state of the light," when the power goes out, the keypad resets and is in a state of "no commands." 

Make sure that the LEDs are set to "programmed" or "follow load" depending on the switch.  But you said it yourself in the post above, your LEDs are programmed to key presses, not the actual load.

Hmm I'm thinking this thread is becoming confusing.

Please take a screenshot or check again and write out what the offending buttons is set to - it would be one of 3 things - follow connection, programmed or push/release (follow load is possibly a 4th option if they are keypad dimmers). Just to make it clear.

Then describe what one of the offending is supposed to do (not just the LED, but the actual function). We may be better able to figure out the issue from there.

Small note - blue/black are NOT the defaults - in fact blue on release and green on press are.

Hmm I'm thinking this thread is becoming confusing.

Please take a screenshot or check again and write out what the offending buttons is set to - it would be one of 3 things - follow connection, programmed or push/release (follow load is possibly a 4th option if they are keypad dimmers). Just to make it clear.

Then describe what one of the offending is supposed to do (not just the LED, but the actual function). We may be better able to figure out the issue from there.

Small note - blue/black are NOT the defaults - in fact blue on release and green on press are.

The less are configured as push/release, but they are conected to a load (toggle).

What I want is the.led to always be blue when released and green when pressed, while controlling the load toggle.

All works perfect, except that whenever I have a power failure they return configured as push/release, but the colors wrong (black/blue) that I though was the default

Later I'll send screen shots of it and send here

13 hours ago, gcjacob said:

The less are configured as push/release, but they are conected to a load (toggle).

What I want is the.led to always be blue when released and green when pressed, while controlling the load toggle.

All works perfect, except that whenever I have a power failure they return configured as push/release, but the colors wrong (black/blue) that I though was the default

Later I'll send screen shots of it and send here

You've just described the problem, AGAIN. 

The button on your keypad is controlling the load, we get that.  Controlling a load and having an LED follow that load are two different things.  You need the LED colors to follow the load, not the keypress.  Once you program the LED this way, the LED will automatically change when you press the button.  And when you have a power outage, you will not experience your issue. 

Archived