C4 Forums | Control4

Connection to mycontrol4.com

Hi I hope someone can point me in the right direction otherwise I never get to Bethlehem.

I have a problem with getting my Control 4 system to connect to mycontrol4.com. I am registered and my account is valid till September 09. Until two weeks ago everything was fine, now when I try to enable the remote access feature I will get an Error

"Error enabling remote access: Unable to communicate with the controller.

I have checked all my network cables and rebooted the system and the routers, I have access to the internet with my home computer and the Control4 network communicates with my home computer and within itself fine no problem. What can be the issue?

why? LOL

I was just recently upgraded to 1.3.2.438. Can you believe it took 5 hours? :/

$80.00 an hour x 5 hours = ouch

no I cant. can you elaborate on what the cause of a 5hr upgrade was? barring something extraordinary Id say you were screwed.

from talking with my dealer, my upgrade to 1.7 will take most of the day. but, I think he's just going to spend 30 minutes starting the upgrade and then work on other clients' jobs while the upgrade takes place. I think he said it would only take 30 minutes to start the upgrade/backing up the project. so, you may want to ask the dealer about that if he's charging you for the full 5 hours.

tum

Baltasar - I have no idea what the problem could be. sorry to get off topic.

I would think it would also depend on geography. If he has to drive a couple of hours out to your house, and doesn't have any additional work in the area, that's gotta cost him a lot more than if there's work nearby that he can go do while doing the update.

That's the sort of thing that makes me happy I'm not a dealer.

RyanE

why? LOL

I was just recently upgraded to 1.3.2.438. Can you believe it took 5 hours? :/

$80.00 an hour x 5 hours = ouch

no I cant. can you elaborate on what the cause of a 5hr upgrade was? barring something extraordinary Id say you were screwed.

I have Verizon FiOS internet. I don't know why it took 5 hours for a firmware upgrade. Plus the dealer worked on other things while it was updating. However, there were three individual labor charges on the invoice (over two days) that added up to 16 hours total.

I think you guys should start a new thread for that topic

as far as the mycontrol4.com i had the same problem 3 times since September. I solved it by registering the controller and then re registering the controller. you can do that from the info tab then remote access.

hope that helps

I think you guys should start a new thread for that topic

as far as the mycontrol4.com i had the same problem 3 times since September. I solved it by registering the controller and then re registering the controller. you can do that from the info tab then remote access.

hope that helps

You were able to re-register the controller? I didn't think that was possible on mycontrol4.com once you register.

Archived