C4 Forums | Control4

Unable to enter consecutive numbers

Lane

Question

This is likely a stupid question with a simple answer, but I have been unable to find a solution.

When entering numbers on my Control4 remote (i.e. to change the channel), I am unable to use consecutive numbers.  If I press 1-0-0-0 it will register 10 but will not send any more 0s until a different button is pressed.  It is obnoxious to have to go to channel 1010 then go down to 1002 manually because consecutive digits won't register. I have a similar issue with some of the menu/guide navigation buttons as well.

Is there a way to enable consecutive button pushes (or disable what seems to be a wonky feature)?

thank you 

4 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

what device are you using? It sounds like an IR based control where the repeat count needs to be changed?

EA3 with standard U-verse box. Directional controls (up/down/left/right) and channel up/down will work fine when pushed more than once.  Not sure if that makes a difference.

EA3 with standard U-verse box. Directional controls (up/down/left/right) and channel up/down will work fine when pushed more than once.  Not sure if that makes a difference.
Your dealer likely needs to adjust the ir repeat

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Archived