C4 Forums | Control4

Freezing out other rooms when 777 in use

sjj31a

I am having a problem with my kids over christmas break. One will be trying to watch the 777 on one tv and one a different movie on another. I really haven't had this problem before and I have other sources available of shows (ie Apple TV etc). Is there any easy way to block out another room from controlling the 777 if it is previously on in another room. I was thinking I could put logic in each room but I have 9 tv's and was thinking there might be a quicker solution vs a ton of nested if statements.

at this current time there isnt really a solid solution for this feature. Its been requested many times. I have clients with 3 777 changers and 3-4 cable boxes. We name the cable boxes for the mom, dad, kids etc but you cant really do that with the changers since most of the time all of hte kids movies are in 1 changer and the kids like to fight over which one gets to watch the movie

some video switchers like the avatrix from audio authority have the ability to block out certain outputs programmtically(sp?), but I don't think there's a good way to do it through control4. maybe a clever popup warning or something along those lines.

I believe you could variable that one into>if Sony Disc Changer is playing, display on requested TV. So that the second person realizes that it's already in use. Not really a solution, but at least they'll know what's up, and the 777 won't switch discs on the first person watching.

it would still switch to the other tv first, the controller runs any programming after the video switches, you can't do preemptive programming in that sense...wish you could! unfortunately, I think it's ultimately a shortcoming of physical media not of control4 per se.

Archived