C4 Forums | Control4

Panasonic BL-C111a

A search didn't yield anything on this particular camera, so I figured I would ask.

I am thinking of adding a couple of cameras in my kids rooms, in the play room, and in the back yard.

I am thinking of the Panasonic BL-C111a for inside, it is fairly inexpensive (my dealer has them for $180) and will pan and tilt, as well as provide sound. Does anyone have any experience with these? I am curious how they do in low light situations. Also, curious as to how they look mounted on the ceiling. Info on the can be found here: http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Computers-Networking/Network-Cameras/PetCams/model.BL-C111A_11002_7000000000000005702

Does anyone have any other good recommendations?

I am unfamilier with PoE cameras, and I assume I am going to need to buy something to get power to them?

A search didn't yield anything on this particular camera, so I figured I would ask.

I am thinking of adding a couple of cameras in my kids rooms, in the play room, and in the back yard.

I am thinking of the Panasonic BL-C111a for inside, it is fairly inexpensive (my dealer has them for $180) and will pan and tilt, as well as provide sound. Does anyone have any experience with these? I am curious how they do in low light situations. Also, curious as to how they look mounted on the ceiling. Info on the can be found here: http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Computers-Networking/Network-Cameras/PetCams/model.BL-C111A_11002_7000000000000005702

I am unfamilier with PoE cameras, and I assume I am going to need to buy something to get power to them?

I have 2 BL-C131s in the house along with an assortment of HCMs. Same enclosure as the CL111. The BLs are fine for the money, but don't expect any picture in low-light situations. I've never mounted them on the ceiling, I hang mine high up in corners, if you're still interested I can take a pic tomorrow. HCMs are a step up both from functionality as well as quality perspectives.

A search didn't yield anything on this particular camera' date=' so I figured I would ask.

I am unfamilier with PoE cameras, and I assume I am going to need to buy something to get power to them?[/quote']

I have 2 BL-C131s in the house along with an assortment of HCMs. Same enclosure as the CL111. The BLs are fine for the money, but don't expect any picture in low-light situations. I've never mounted them on the ceiling, I hang mine high up in corners, if you're still interested I can take a pic tomorrow. HCMs are a step up both from functionality as well as quality perspectives.

I would love to see a picutre of how you have them installed. Also, what are the HCM's?

Yeah, I bought the mount separately. The camera screws right in to the mount like a standard camera/tri-pod mount. It was very easy to install. I can dig up details of the model if you are interested.

I am interested - if you could get me those details that would be great!

• 5 months later...

Archived