C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Lights question

emo777

Hello,

Dumb question here but can the dimmer Model no: LDZ-102-W, be able to turn light on and off and also do the dimmer or will it just dim the lights only and you need to get the 2 button switch to turn lights on and off??

thanks

Hello,

Dumb question here but can the dimmer Model no: LDZ-102-W, be able to turn light on and off and also do the dimmer or will it just dim the lights only and you need to get the 2 button switch to turn lights on and off??

thanks

It can be programmed to work just as a switch. On/Off

can it do both dimmer and on/off?? If not, can only light system from c4 do this ??? cause currently i have a light switch that does both made by lutron so i'd like to replace it with c4 control

thanks

Yes you can program it to toggle (On/Off) at certain times and dim others.

Ex: One of our entry doors at our store. While dimmer is at 40% door is opened toggle light in room and return to 40% when door is closed.

can it also do on and off manually??

What is the difference between these 2 light controls

LDZ-101 and LSZ-101??

The LSZ 101 is simply a Switch On/Off no dimmer..

The LDZ is a Dimmer.. Dimming, On/Off Toggle

The LDZ is what you want if you want to use as dimmer and toggle.

• 2 weeks later...

NEW question,

Can I, and if I can how do I...... control 2 lights with one dimmer? here's the example... I have under cabinet lights on two sides of the room, both have an individual dimmer switch. I would like to sync them so if I dim one to 50% the other will dim to 50% without having to walk to the other side of the kitchen and turning them on. I'd like to have them sync from either switch...... any help>??????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For CFLs, a lot of hit and miss and it depends largely on the type of light. The easiest thing to do is dim incandescents (cheaper and much better dimming properties than even dimmable CFLs since they have a "minimum turn on" that needs to be reached) and switch flourescents.

If you have DIMMABLE CFL's, then yes...you can dim them.

The 102's have a little more memory I believe, and they have an antenna would up that you uncoil to help with zigbee reception. I think that was the only difference, but Henniae could probably answer that better being a dealer and all.

You can configure a dimmer to act as a switch and it works just fine. You set the ramp level to 100%, and set the ramp up and ramp down times to zero seconds. Then it works just like a switch (unless you hold the button down, which I would imagine will still cause it to come on gradually).

Thanks Hanniae - What is the difference between the 101 and 102?

Can the LDZ-101 used to dim dimable CFL globes?

If not, can you configure the LDZ-101 to switch CFL On or Off only

The main differences I recall between the 101 and 102 dimmers was a better tactile feedback for button presses, a stiffer aluminum heat sink/mounting plate and the antenna that you could uncoil to help create a stronger ZigBee mesh.

If you have DIMMABLE CFL's, then yes...you can dim them.

Right, but not 100% like incandescants. There's still a minimum turn on to "strike" the ballast. This turn on varies depending on the manufacturer, etc. Some are approximately 20%, and beyond that they cannot be dimmed all the way to 0%.

Alan - In terms of the tactile feedback, I have some 102's that have just "poor" tactile feedback. Much worse than some of the 101's I have.

Bad batch perhaps ? Is there anyway to tune these things ?

It won't make you feel any better to know that the new ZigbeePro-shipping lights have "improved tactile feedback" also. :/

It would be a pain, but you could always move the ones with poor feedback to a location that doesn't get use often, if at all.

I have several dimmers (for exterior lights mostly) that I can't remember the last time I used the physical dimmer, the lighting is just automated. If I had some that felt crumby I would swap them out for ones I don't press often.

Archived