C4 Forums | Control4

Recommendations

cannemi

Assuming you already have an audio matrix, how many zones? All 6? I need to ask though. How long did each Niles amp last? All zones fail or the same ones on each amp? Could be a bad speaker that is taking the amp out with it and would hate for you to be constantly replacing amps.

https://www.snapav.com/shop/en/snapav/amplifiers-speaker/episode-reg%3B-digital-multi-channel-amplifier-with-70-watts-x-12-channels-ea-amp-12d-70a

Or C4 amp108

So this is now my second niles amp in about 6 years. So they both lastest about 3 years each.  I bought the first one and that wouldn't get out of autoprotect so I sent that one in for repair and they ended up not repairing it and sending me a new one.  NOw the one that I have, all the left channels are blown on all 6 sets.  So if I move the speaker to the left channel none of them work, so I figure has to be the AMP.  As of now I have the C4 Audio Matrix. I thought at first it could me the speakers but not in all six rooms.  I frequently get power outage, but I have everything protected not sure if that could be a root cause, but if that was the case I would have bigger issues.

I like my c4 matrix amp cause it has a bit more power than the amp108, but either the episode or amp108 would be an upgrade and wouldn't take up more space in the rack like a matrix amp would. Agreed that all 6 zones out on the left side is unlikely that a speaker is bad, but understand that you might have a bad speaker shortening your amps lifespan. Are any outdoor, or have in line volume controls/knobs for impedance matching a zone?

Archived