C4 Forums | Control4

EVA 9150 Release Date and Availability

sjj31a

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As stated earlier in the thread I am not currently a C4 client so doing this with the native devices at this time.

I significantly upped the buffer and haven't tested again. I'm not sure if there is or isn't a reason not to put the buffer up to 'max' as I'm not using the local drive for anything else. Though, I might use it for holding music local to the device.

If you are running off a NAS why wouldn't you just set the buffer to max (what is the max) as it would seem like you would not use the drive for anything else. Also if you are running c4 the only thing to use the native interface would be for YouTube as the rest would be handled by the c4 navigator. Am I correct in my thinking ?

As to the interface - 'meh'. Its just ok. I guess once you see Kaleidascape nothing measures up. The presentation is linear instead of taking advantage of the full screen. There is one row of cover art for the movies. When you press the left/right buttons on the remote the cover art that is in the center of the screen comes into focus in good high quality. You can press the up/down arrows to jump to another alpha start (a-b-c-d' date=' etc.). it would be nice to have a screen full of cover art and then be able to scroll 9-12 movies at a time.[/quote']

I thought the interface would be the same as the sony dvd changer interface and that you would not be able to tell the difference between the two devices. I think my understanding is from another thread that I'll have to dig up. Anyhow, I've got one on order that should arrive tomorrow.

tum

SteinyD is not a Control4 customer so he's just using the default netgear interface.

has anyone that has ordered this from buy.com got a tracking number yet? Wondering if the In Stock status is legit? thanks.

ordered from buy.com last night, 1 day shipping. according to fed ex, its on the vehicle for delivery. Just need my dealer to add it to the system.

didn't realize steiny did not have c4 installed. so, can't wait to see what this thing can do...I think I have most of the file formats it says it can play so we shall see.

tum

so you C4ers, give me a reason to be excited about this component added to a C4 project. Could someone send me a screen shot or two of what the movie selection interface looks like? You guys seem to imply it will improve on what I'm seeing using the EVA native.

As to the interface - 'meh'. Its just ok. I guess once you see Kaleidascape nothing measures up. The presentation is linear instead of taking advantage of the full screen. There is one row of cover art for the movies. When you press the left/right buttons on the remote the cover art that is in the center of the screen comes into focus in good high quality. You can press the up/down arrows to jump to another alpha start (a-b-c-d' date=' etc.). it would be nice to have a screen full of cover art and then be able to scroll 9-12 movies at a time.[/quote']

I thought the interface would be the same as the sony dvd changer interface and that you would not be able to tell the difference between the two devices. I think my understanding is from another thread that I'll have to dig up. Anyhow, I've got one on order that should arrive tomorrow.

tum

SteinyD is not a Control4 customer so he's just using the default netgear interface.

Something like this

http://www.cablingbyncs.com/Control4-FamilyMovieNight2-OnScreen.JPG

*edit* But also on the touchpanels, etc. and you can search by director, actor, rating, and genre.

While that is a representation, it isn't the best one I have seen. I think that is an old MC or HTC, not the new hi-def interface. Plus, it looks like it has been photoshopped or something.

I will try and take some pics tonight on both my TV and my touch panels. It is a really great interface.

Something like this

http://www.cablingbyncs.com/Control4-FamilyMovieNight2-OnScreen.JPG

*edit* But also on the touchpanels' date=' etc. and you can search by director, actor, rating, and genre.[/quote']

While that is a representation, it isn't the best one I have seen. I think that is an old MC or HTC, not the new hi-def interface. Plus, it looks like it has been photoshopped or something.

I will try and take some pics tonight on both my TV and my touch panels. It is a really great interface.

It was the best picture I could find, without taking a picture of mine ;)

I have 5 confirmed on the way and one sitting in my house (on vacation) 4 from buy.com and one amazon. I ordered one extra from buy.com by accident if anyone needs let me know. I will be swapping out all 6 of my eva8000s. Next stop for them eBay or 200 plus shipping takes them. If you buy 3 I'll ship for free. They have worked well but can't pass this up. On a side note I like using the individual boxes vs a video matrix for selection flexibility I hide behind the flatscreens.

I'm not ahving any luck with mymovies picking up on ISOs. I just did a rip of Twighlight. Either I'm not ripping it 'properly' to ISO or mymovies doesn't know what to do with them. It added it to its movie manager but no Tags or cover art. Any tips?

Thanks very much for the pics. So, with the EVA9150 behind C4, the UI will be the C4 UI not the EVA UI I'm seeing now so C4 customers will greatly benefit from their interface. So, the EVA9150 seems to be a relatively inexpensive means of streaming content from a NAS or other storage device instead of a matrixed video distribution setup. I understand that the matrix video config still comes into place if i want to share set top boxes, Vudu, etc., amongst multiple end points.

Do I have this right?

Here is a shot of movie selection on the TV.

Yeah, whatever videos are available on your NAS will show up just like these.

I am going to run my through my matrix switch so it is available at all my TV's just like my DVD changer.

I run EVERYTHING through my matrix switch.

Archived