C4 Forums | Control4

EVA 9150 Release Date and Availability

sjj31a

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just got mine installed. i can play movies through the eva. It found the vob files but didn't have the title. perhaps b/c my folder wasn't named properly. Had no trouble with an .iso file. played hd wmv file but I'm not sure yet if it played it adequately. I've gotten movies to scan into composer after installing a nas driver. when scanning for media, I chose to look specifically for .wmv which it did, but it didn't pull the cover art. I suppose I should have picked the option that said find dvd with cover art;) When I select a movie through "videos" of c4 menu, it takes me back to the eva menu so maybe there's a connection problem somewhere...about to test a mkv and img file.

tum

no go with the .img file. .mkv file played initially, but without sound. If you hit the info button it said the file had dts so maybe it couldn't downconvert to stereo. after hitting the skip forward 30 seconds button, it dropped me back to the main menu. I tried playing the file again, but nwo its not playing. I'll see what my dealer can do this weekend.

tum

I've got mine in a cabinet but with the door open. I didn't notice the fan. I think there may have been an option in the menu regarding the fan but I'll have to go back and double check.

tum

is there an option to view cover art in the c4 videos menu by rating? I just use the sony dvd changer for kids movies, but with the 9150 (box actually says 9000, go figure) all of the adult movies are now mixed together with the kids movies for browsing. if there's not an option to just show G and PG movies, then it should be a wishlist item.

tum

If I was willing to have an EVA9150 in each room, I wouldn't need the matrix switch for this purpose, correct?

Yeah, whatever videos are available on your NAS will show up just like these.

I am going to run my through my matrix switch so it is available at all my TV's just like my DVD changer.

I run EVERYTHING through my matrix switch.

I rip most of my movies to AVI files, will it play those files? If so, how does it handle cover art?

Thanks!

Dave

Cover Art integrated into C4 is uknown at this time for formats other than .vob, .ifo, and possibly .iso

When I scanned for .wmv files, it found the files but without cover art. You then have to go in and search for the cover art and save and then the art shows up under c4 videos. So its not as simple as using the sony 777 dvd changer which automatically finds the art. I haven't tried it yet, but I would assume that instead of searching for .wmv, you just search for .avi files and then manually add the art.

went back and checked for fan options. there's an option for fan override with options for auto and 75%, 50%, etc. and off.

tum

there's a bunch of sound options including one for dts but it apparently does not downcovert to stereo, only passthrough. I'm guessing that this is why the .mkv file with dts didn't have sound. dolby digital and the other sounds options all had stereo as options in addition to passthrough.

tum

When I scanned for .wmv files, it found the files but without cover art. You then have to go in and search for the cover art and save and then the art shows up under c4 videos. So its not as simple as using the sony 777 dvd changer which automatically finds the art. I haven't tried it yet, but I would assume that instead of searching for .wmv, you just search for .avi files and then manually add the art.

went back and checked for fan options. there's an option for fan override with options for auto and 75%, 50%, etc. and off.

tum

That's good to know then, even if you manually have to get the art it's an option. Even the 777ES wasn't the most reliable at getting the art correct the first time.

If I was willing to have an EVA9150 in each room, I wouldn't need the matrix switch for this purpose, correct?

Yeah, that's correct. I am going to use two of these, and run them through the matrix switch. I am going to do one know and see how it works, and if it lives up to my expectations I will buy a second one. If you wanted them local at each TV, you wouldn't need a matrix switch for that. It would probably be more cost effective to buy two or three and put them through a switch, as opposed to having one in each room. Plus, you can't beat having just a TV on the wall and everything else located downstairs hidden away.

Cover Art integrated into C4 is uknown at this time for formats other than .vob, .ifo, and possibly .iso

No, you can scan for any type of file, you may have to enter the cover art info manually, but you can put in .AVI's and still have cover art in the Control4 menus.

I guess I should've read the rest of the posts... Some of you have already come to the right conclusion.

RyanE

Archived