C4 Forums | Control4

Alarm system won’t arm if movement

Just now, David Paxton said:

Access needs to be ticked on any zone you may walk past.

also worth checking that global option 58 (remote arm instant) is turned off.

if i use Guard Access it is the same as using Guard with the access attribute right?

Any ideas about the latest problem i put on the previous page? Thanks so much!

You have miss understood what I meant by access 

follow these steps after you have entered engineer menu

1. zone setup

2. select zone

3. you are now in zone attributes. Turn on option 6 ( should show an A )

Do this for any zone that is open your exit route.

also turn zones you changed back to guard

5 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

if i use Guard Access it is the same as using Guard with the access attribute right?

Any ideas about the latest problem i put on the previous page? Thanks so much!

arming with open zones doesn't seem to work, when I exit my house I have to make sure the front door is closed before I arm

1 minute ago, David Paxton said:

You have miss understood what I meant by access 

follow these steps after you have entered engineer menu

1. zone setup

2. select zone

3. you are now in zone attributes. Turn on option 6 ( should show an A )

Do this for any zone that is open your exit route.

also turn zones you changed back to guard

Oh, yeah I know what you meant by Access - I sorted it for the Hallway motion sensor which was causing the problem.

Hallway has Access turned on. The reason I turned the others from guard to guard access is because sometimes we will arm the system whilst someone is still in one room so that they hurry up and get out. That should work as intended right?

1 minute ago, David Paxton said:

arming with open zones doesn't seem to work, when I exit my house I have to make sure the front door is closed before I arm

Yeah I had a feeling it would be something like that. Do you think there's anyway Control4 could fix it or give an option to disable it?

1 hour ago, Shivam Paw said:

Yeah I had a feeling it would be something like that. Do you think there's anyway Control4 could fix it or give an option to disable it?

its posible to dio under C4 ( you can with a DSC panel) I asked Texecom as they are the ones who wrote the driver.

Another limitation I have found, you can part arm under the menu however if you use the programming Tab to part arm via a keypad it instead does a full set.

4 minutes ago, David Paxton said:

its posible to dio under C4 ( you can with a DSC panel) I asked Texecom as they are the ones who wrote the driver.

Another limitation I have found, you can part arm under the menu however if you use the programming Tab to part arm via a keypad it instead does a full set.

What did Texecom say about getting around that bit?

Is there a way to rename the Part Arms to something more user friendly? And thanks, I'll bear that in mind :)

One other thing I’ve found - if you cancel an arm from the touchscreen or keypad whilst it’s counting down on the touch screen...the countdown continues all the way down to 0 and then shows disarmed even though it should’ve stopped the countdown way earlier.

I had a panic attack whilst showing someone the system and thinking that it was about to sound the alarm😬

is this something that happens with y’all or is there a workaround? 

Just done a bit more debugging. It looks like Part Arms aren't working at all from C4. It begins the Part Arm and the countdown begins, and then it just gives the green button: disarmed, ready to arm after a few seconds.

I've set 7 of the 8 Zones to Guard. They are all omittable and have Access Attribute 1.

The 8th Zone is the hallway which is Entry/Exit 1, omittable & has Access with it.

Zone 3&4 which are upstairs, also has the attribute for Part 1 Omit

Zone 5 has an attribute for Part 2 Omit

When using the keypad, it all seems to work as needed, however if I use C4 to try and Part Arm it doesn't work. I'll try and debug it more in the morning but for now I need sleep :)

Ok so it seems like there are four issues with the c4 driver:

* None of the "Functions" seem to work

* If exit is cancelled the C4 countdown keeps going all the way to 0 even though the keypad shows disarmed

* Can't arm if motion is being made when we try to press arm

Anyone with texecom able to confirm these and know if there are any fixes? 

Archived