C4 Forums | Control4

Sending analog audio to a receiver from C4-16AMP-3

tony

Hi,

I want to send output from the multi-channel amplifier (v3) to a Denon receiver (3808CI) in the home theater. As the C4-16AMP-3 is also acting as the audio matrix switcher and the speakers in the home theater are connected to the Denon, I'm missing how to have sources not connected to the Denon directly play in the home theater (something like a line-output from the C4-16AMP-3?

Any insights appreciated. Thanks in advance.

you probably want the digital out of your sources going to the digital in of your receiver. You dont want the analog signals as you will miss all of your surrround info. in this case you want to bypass the amplifier. If your equipment has only analog signals, you can buy a Y cable at Radio Shack...

Then you need a driver for your Denon reciever which your dealer can help you with...

Can you explain what you mean by a unit that changes from speaker level to line level?

What kind of unit is this?

Thanks

Check out this link. It shows a circuit you can build to convert from speaker to line level. There are commercial products that you can purchase to do this but the link is a nice little technical explanation of what needs to be done.

http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/speaker_to_line.html

Here is a product from Xantech

http://www.xantech.com/Audio/AVDistribution/AVDistribution/SLLC1/

Can you explain what you mean by a unit that changes from speaker level to line level?

What kind of unit is this?

Thanks

Check out this link. It shows a circuit you can build to convert from speaker to line level. There are commercial products that you can purchase to do this but the link is a nice little technical explanation of what needs to be done.

http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/speaker_to_line.html

Here is a product from Xantech

http://www.xantech.com/Audio/AVDistribution/AVDistribution/SLLC1/

The quality of the audio coming out is normally garbage compared to the source. Going through amplification and deamplification to amplify again is not the way to go for sure...

Hi,

I want to send output from the multi-channel amplifier (v3) to a Denon receiver (3808CI) in the home theater. As the C4-16AMP-3 is also acting as the audio matrix switcher and the speakers in the home theater are connected to the Denon, I'm missing how to have sources not connected to the Denon directly play in the home theater (something like a line-output from the C4-16AMP-3?

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you just wanting to play audio to match the rest of the house on your home theater speakers? I have my home theater as a zone and just have a cable from the HTC300 going to an input on my receiver.

Brad,

You are right. I was just trying to play the same music I am playing in my kitchen in my living room. Yes I will have have a HC300 in there so it will be connected to the receiver and the living room will become one of the zones.

Thanks

Brad/Hehateme/Pablor

I want to watch satellite tv in the home theater:

a) The satellite tv will be hooked up to the C4-16-AMP3 for audio switching and an Alvatix 561 component video matrix switcher to distribute to other zones.

B) The 5.1 speakers in the home theater are hooked up to the Denon

How do I get the audio output from the satellite box to the home theater zone? The satellite box only has L-R audio output. Is splitting the signal the better way to go compared to the products suggested above ?

Brad/Hehateme/Pablor

How do I get the audio output from the satellite box to the home theater zone? The satellite box only has L-R audio output. Is splitting the signal the better way to go compared to the products suggested above ?

Yes, just Y-splitter the L/R's.

Brad/Hehateme/Pablor

I want to watch satellite tv in the home theater:

a) The satellite tv will be hooked up to the C4-16-AMP3 for audio switching and an Alvatix 561 component video matrix switcher to distribute to other zones.

B) The 5.1 speakers in the home theater are hooked up to the Denon

get the optical spdif output from your satellite box into the denon and the hdmi output into the tv. problem solved...

Archived