C4 Forums | Control4

Intercom through audio zones

Blaise

Question

I saw this question asked 5-6 years ago, but was wondering if the answer has changed. In our previous Elan system, we could make announcements through our home phone line and be heard through all the speaker zones. Is there a way to do this through Control4 now? Or have audio from an in-wall touchscreen output to all/some audio zones?

4 answers to this question

21 hours ago, sonic30101 said:

If there is an amazon echo connected to your matrix or amps you could do it through that

Not sure I understand how this works. Sorry if it's a stupid question, but what would that look like and how would it work?

You make a custome button to select whichever rooms you want it to play over the speakers by selecting the dot connected to your amp, speak from one or your Alexa app to the one that is connected to the amp. It will be 1 way since the targeted echo dot is likely in the a cabinet so it's Mic won't work. Plus you can use their built in music services as well. Also on the custom button to start the announcement you could set up the snapshot driver to revert those rooms back to their state before you changed their source. 

On 3/3/2018 at 10:03 AM, sonic30101 said:

You make a custome button to select whichever rooms you want it to play over the speakers by selecting the dot connected to your amp, speak from one or your Alexa app to the one that is connected to the amp. It will be 1 way since the targeted echo dot is likely in the a cabinet so it's Mic won't work. Plus you can use their built in music services as well. Also on the custom button to start the announcement you could set up the snapshot driver to revert those rooms back to their state before you changed their source. 

Thank you! This makes sense. I'll discuss with my dealer.

Archived