C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmer overload

Anyone experience dimmer over load? Trying to figure out if all the flashing means a dimmer needs to be replaced.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Did you change the bulbs? Have you tried pulling the air gap to reset it?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes. We had work done on the kitchen where they added under cabinet lights. I just confirmed that this particular 3 way switch is tied into the kitchen (the rest if the dining room is on it's own circuit).

So it looks like the additional kitchen lights caused this issue in the dining room? Any suggested fix?

Yes. We had work done on the kitchen where they added under cabinet lights. I just confirmed that this particular 3 way switch is tied into the kitchen (the rest if the dining room is on it's own circuit).

So it looks like the additional kitchen lights caused this issue in the dining room? Any suggested fix?

Sounds fishy. Sounds like they did something odd w the wiring

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What is the wattage of the load now after the changes?  Which dimmer are you using?
Could be overloaded, could be that you are using several different types of loads (should all be the same type of bulb), other reasons as well.

The new lights in the kitchen are LEDs. The old ones in the dining room are candelabra incandescents. They are not on the same switch. But they are on the same circuit. Would that matter?

I'd check the wall box where both of these dimmers are located.  My guess would be that they did not hook everything back up properly.

Does the dimmer at least control the chandelier?  I'm guessing not.

They probably wired the constant hot to the load wire on the dimmer.

Archived