C4 Forums | Control4

No audio source is playing out now 2.10.2

This AM music was fine.

Then the only issue we were fixing was music scan from network storage which has been an issue for some time (scan doesn't happen).

We blew away the driver for my music and added it back after I update the NAS storage.  That came back fine and scanning happens now (slight hooray!)

But then no music can playout on any room from any source (my music, pandora, tunein, etc).

Not sure where to start as the audio matrix gets it's light blue light to show signaling, but it doesn't turn on the passive amps for my rooms.  We turned the amps on manually but still no audio.  In the app, we can actually demand any music and it shows like it's playing but there's nothing actually playing thru the speakers.  Volumes are normal, like 15-25%.

To be sure though: EA-5 has it's 2 blue lights on the right.  The audio matrix blue light turns light blue when we demand music so the signal is getting there.  But I expect a red light as well at the C4 logo on the front of EA-5 for the stream and that's the issue: no stream is being pushed by EA-5 to the audio matrix.

Any help would be appreciated.

Captured audio3server today:

2018-06-02 13:19:31.042 -0400 CNI--EA5-000FFF1F1A6F [6145] ERROR: Command 'setsta' to streamer[stream=2,pid=5879] timed out!
2018-06-02 13:19:36.046 -0400 CNI--EA5-000FFF1F1A6F [6145] ERROR: Command 'setsta' to streamer[stream=2,pid=5879] timed out!
2018-06-02 13:19:46.000 -0400 CNI--EA5-000FFF1F1A6F [6145] ERROR: Haven't heard from streamer[stream=2,pid=5879], killing it!

Definitely something up with setting a station to a stream

Well issue was diagnosed finally:

1. AE-5 was using digital out to the Triad Audio Matrix

2. Apparently as a means to fix the Scanning of music, the digital audio driver was deleted and re-established which did free up the scanner (though imposes a limit of about 4k songs before it stops scanning).

3. Issue is that you cannot delete a driver while the audio matrix and amps are engaged in streaming as it locked up the digital output port and C4 technical support has issued an RA for my unit as they cannot seem to "free it"

4. We moved to analog out which allows music to actually stream and play but of course volume is reset to "normal" while digital was enhanced (e.g., playing at 15% under digital out was good, under analog it's barely audible).

5. What sealed it for us was the exact same RCA cables were used to move to analog and worked, so that let us investigate the digital out as the culprit.

Archived