C4 Forums | Control4

ShairBridge Configuration

I am having trouble with my ShairBridge configuration due to lack of knowledge and access to documentation.

My EA-1 appears to see the stream from my iPhone, but I don't know how to redirect it.

Here is how I am configured on ShairBridge, my AVR, Room, and EA-1:

When I press the Control4 button on my SR-260, my AVR switches to the HDMI port my AVR is attached to and plays outputs the sound on the Balanced1 connections from my McIntosh MCD1100, instead of the AirPlay stream. 

Does anyone have a suggestion properly configure?

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 6.26.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 6.35.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 6.35.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 6.36.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 6.37.06 PM.png

Okay I will give this a shot.  

Having HDMI inputs and outputs with the AVR seem pretty straightforward to configure with the EA-1.  

The XLR connections from my MCD1100 going to the Balanced1 inputs of my AVR seems to be what is tripping me up, because the only way I can get sound output using the SR-260 is to use the Control4 button which switches my AVR to the HDMI interface my EA-1 is connected to

On 6/17/2018 at 6:56 PM, mujtaba.khokhar said:

have you tried using the digital coax audio out of the EA1 into the MCD1100? and then do your bindings that way. 

I'm missing something.

It doesn't appear the EA-1 has a digital coax out like the EA-3 and EA-5.  I see physical digital coax audio port on the EA-3 and EA-5, but not the EA-1.

https://www.cepro.com/article/control4_launches_three_ea_series_controllers_with_hi-res_audio_starting_at

I haven't figured out how to get ShairBridge to use the HDMI connection.  I have the HDMI out on the EA-1 connected to the HDMI 5 input of my McIntosh Preamp.  

Archived