C4 Forums | Control4

Audio Zones and multi tuner

gcjacob

Hi,

Can someone point me what I’m doing wrong on my simple script:

It works if the audio playing on the room is digital music, but it doesn’t if it is a radio from the multi turner. Is this the correct behavior of control 4? If so, is there a workaround, so it works with radio? If I add the zones on a MTS for example, than it works.

Thanks

Can someone please recommend the best options for integration with C4 in respect of;

1. Intercom System (AUDIO and VIDEO) ... i would like to integrate this into my C4 system ... e.g. when someone presses the intercom i want to switch on all the PLASMA panels in the house if they are not already on and see who is at the gate pressing the intercom ... if i'm watching anything on a particular plasma at the time the intercom is pressed i want to activate a picture in picture (PIP) to see the gate ... i am willing to install an IP camera facing the gate and switch that on as the video source instead of making the intercom do both video and audio ... what is the best INTERCOM system for this?

2. AV RECEIVER ... i have a projector and PLASMA in my main living room ... i need a receiver that has 2 HDMI outputs and 2 HDMI inputs ... the HDMI OUTPUTS must be able to switch individually and seperately ... which AV receiver will integrate best with C4 to do this?

Thanks for your help guys

Slemay,

Yes the other rooms can listen to radio. My version is 1.7.1.290.

I’ve attached now the scrip I’m trying to use, and what I’m pretending with this is

If I’m listening to some music or whatever audio source on the dinner room and if I press the button, I want to listen to the same source on the kitchen. If I’m not listening to any audio on the dinner room, then I want to check on the living room and do the same thing. If none of the rooms are listening to audio, then I want to turn on the radio.

The way the script is behavioring is – if I’m listening to any mp3 on any of the dinner or living rrom, then it starts to play on the kitchen. If I’m not listening to anything on the dinner or living, then the radio turns on, but if I’m listening to radio, or any other source, like a cd player on any of the 2, nothing plays on the kitchen.

If you need any other information on my project, pls let me know, and thanks again for your replies – me and my dealer are working together on this, as he is quite inexperienced and does not speak English.

Thanks again

I'm on the road right now and don't have the time to study this and figure it out real quick - sorry (quick glance it looks ok) - give me a few days and I'll take a closer look. Remind me if by mid week I've forgotten please.

OK - sorry for the delay...

The programming logic you're using is for DIGITAL AUDIO cloud... I'm assuming your Tuner is not being digitized is it? I'm assuming it's going through to those rooms as an amplifier singal (analog)??? If so - you can't add the TUNER session using the DIGITAL AUDIO CLOUD's "add room" variable... and that's probably what's occuring.

Digital audio is just that - any signal that's been digitized. So your MP3's off of a computer or Media Server are digitized. Your tuner would be digitized if it came off of an HTC, HC-200, HC-300, HC-500 or MC. But if it goes directly into an amp and then goes to those rooms - it's analog and thus why it doesn't work.

At this time - I don't believe (I could be wrong) there is an easy way to do what you're asking for. I would LOVE to see that the digital audio cloud changes to a ZONES cloud - thus including both analog and digital. But I think what you'll have to do is add another test variable in your script.

If Room Cozinha Room Power is OFF

- If the Room Sala Jantar is in a session (instead of is on - this is a conditional from the digital audio cloud)

- Add rooms 'Cozinha' to Sala Jantar session

- Stop

- If Room Sala Jantar selected audio device is AM/FM Tuner 1

- Select the AM/FM Tuner 1 as the audio source in Cozinha Room

- Stop

and you'll have to keep going down the list for each analog device you want to query if it's playing (AM/FM Tuner 2, XM Tuner etc...).

Hope this helps!

Shawn

Slemay,

Lets wait for then to change it to zones cloud.

It may be a while - I've heard nothing about it being on the development cycle. I can only assume it would be, since ZONE was a new change in 1.6 - but I have no idea and I'm sure we won't hear anything from your new Portuguese speaking friend that works at Control4 :)

Archived