C4 Forums | Control4

Scene tracking inconsistency on iOS app

mallom

Have you guys experienced an issue where scenes are not being tracked correctly on iOS, but tracks perfectly fine on Navigators, keypads and remote controllers?

OS 2.10.4

EA3 as director

EA1, HC800 and a few HC250 as slaves

Caseta lighting

Iphone 6s Plus with latest OS

C4 iOS app 2.10.5.7

The issue manifests itself in a few different ways:

1) The app tracks some of the scenes but not all. If you tap to activate the scenes that is not being tracked, it doesn’t “start/force tracking”.

Example: I have an “All off” scene that turns off all loads in the house. I also have an “upstairs all off” that turns off all loads from the second floor.

When I activate the scene “all off”, the expected behavior is to also track the “upstairs all off”, since all loads from the second floor are also “off”. This works sometimes, other times the “all off” is tracked but not the “upstairs all off”, and some other times none of the scenes are tracked.

2) Scene tracking clears itself after restarting the iOS app. This one is easily reproduced.

Example: When the app is finally tracking the scenes correctly OR none is being tracked and I tap on a scene and then starts tracking, if I close/quit/terminate the app, when I reopen it the scene tracking is gone.

Its a silly issue and it doesnt bother much, but it would be nice to have it working correctly on iOS as well (before Cedia 2019 )

3f1c1a37343f3a133c8b303d2e577c16.jpg1dd54a4e3a2ef3ec801d7840405141bd.png

Archived