C4 Forums | Control4

What does an Audio matrix switch actually do?

Are you talking about the Control4 audio matrix switch?

http://control4.com/cp/42-31D3629B/index.htm

If so, it does exactly what it's name is. It allows you to input 16 sources of stereo audio and route them to 16 different outputs, much like a video matrix allows for video sharing. This way you could hook up 2 multi channel amps, 16 speaker points or hc300s as an example as endpoints. Or anything that takes stereo rca in for that matter, really.

Not sure about SONOS though, or why everyone seems to be locked into that lately and trying to integrate it with Control4.

Yeh. That's the switch. Thanks for info. Don't think my plan will work. Oh well.

Regarding Sonos. I know it's kind of a competing product: but if you've already installed several zones, you've outlayed a lot of dollars. And it's real hard to ditch! It's a great system for audio. I accept it's not C4's "fault" there is no way to easily integrate Sonos into C4 (the argument being sonosnet is proprietry and all)...but qeez I sure wish the home auto industry would just all get along a bit a more. Make integration and a decision to a outlay more dollars on a big project a lot easier!;)

Archived