C4 Forums | Control4

Screen saver pictures

The issue is that the 16x9 aspect ratio on the 7" touchscreen doesn't match the aspect ratio of your photos. The Photo Screensaver won't change the aspect ratio of your photos because it would make people either really fat or skinny in the pictures, and won't crop, because it can't intelligently determine what is important in the picture.

Because of that, you get the bars.

RyanE

Thanks Ryan. I had a feeling it was something like that. So, I guess the best way to make that work without the gray bars is to somehow crop the pictures so that they are in 16:9 aspect ratio before selecting them as screensavers?

Yes that is the way.

Download Picassa 3 from google, (it's Free) and it has a nice cropping function set up for 16:9.

It has a preview function so you can slide the crop around to get the best pic.

save them to a certain folder and then use that folder to populate your screensaver.

Brent

• 4 months later...

Thanks, yeah I just found it in another thread its 800x600. I hope in the next update there is a way to specify different images for different screensavers so that you can have a widescreen one for TVs etc, and a 4:3 one for the 10" touchscreens etc. I guess it might all be moot if they are making all of the new touchscreens widescreen though.

Archived