C4 Forums | Control4

Problem with Dock for iPod C4-IPDKTT-E-B

Yes, my 120gb unit will freeze and audio starts sounding like a torture tactic. But, this only seems to happen after a power-cycle of the HC300 with the ipod still in the dock. I simply reset the ipod and replace it back in the dock and it's good-to-go until the next time I need to be tortured.

This is usually caused by the dock still attempting to retrieve cover art and then continued source changes from director. This will be fixed in the next release, if you want an immediate fix tell your tell your dealer to remote in and disable cover art from the properties page of the doc, also have them program a stop command (from the doc).

The programming portion you could do if you have home edition.

Device Event > Click on the room > Select Room Power off

Action Side> Click on the iPod doc > Select transport controls > Place a stop command in the script window (middle frame).

Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...

Well I just did a check with the dealer, and Cover Art is disabled (does off make a difference). Room Off is set to stop.

I wouldn't mind the NAS solution, except its an added expense and harder to sync with iTunes. Not to mention any protected file would no longer play.

thanks in advance for other ideas.

I'm going to try with a much smaller iPod and see if the library size is a major factor.

Archived