C4 Forums | Control4

HDMI De-Embedder and Control4 EA1

I'd be grateful for anyone's advice here.

I have a Control4 system my dealer installed - they have just gone bust but I fortunately have access to a ComposerPro licence for a short while. I am reasonably competent at programming but have hit a hurdle.

I have a B&O TV in our lounge with a EA-1 on its back. The TV has a bunch of great speakers connected to it. This works fine. However, for listening to music streamed from Control4 (say from TuneIN or from various other digital sources we have) the route to the TV is via the HDMI out on the EA1. This is connected to the HDMI2 input on the TV. This is also used for the OnScreen Navigator. If I use the on screen navigator to select music to listen to it all works fine. The problem with this is that the TV doesn't like HDMI connections without video as well. If instead of using the OnScreen Navigator to play music I just use the Control4 remote control, or if we add the lounge as a zone when the music is already playing in another room, the TV turns itself on to HDMI2 with a blank screen but the TV sees no video on the HDMI input and so refuses to play ball. This is a quirk of the B&O TV.  As a solution I have purchased a Lindy HDMI audio de-embedder that can split off the audio and have plugged this into the TV's audio LineIn. The device itself works fine. So the physical connections are all fine.

The bit I am struggling with is working out how to instruct Control4 so that when I ask to listen to music it selects the LineIn input on the TV instead of the usual HDMI2 input. Assuming it's possible I guess it's got something to do with setting up the correct connections but this is the area where I would really appreciate some practical help. Do I need some sort of driver in order to be able to create the correct endpoints? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Many thanks in advance. 

Anthony

Archived