C4 Forums | Control4

Normal for camera timestamps to reset after power outage?

pinkoos

Hi,

Is it normal for the camera timestamps to reset after a power outage?

After pulling my Wattbox power yesterday to reboot it (see thread below), I noticed that all the camera timestamps reset to some default date.  I’m not sure if the camera feeds get their date/time from the camera itself or from the NVR; regardless, though, they keep getting reset with any power outage.

Hopefully this won’t be an issue since the Wattbox is connected to the new Wattbox UPS that we just installed, but I’m still curious if this is normal (to reboot the Wattbox last night,  I had to disconnect it from the UPS, but it won’t normally be disconnected.

Thanks

10 hours ago, pinkoos said:

the camera timestamps to reset

On what? Control4 doesn't show time, so if you're seeing it on a screen I'd guess it's being added to the stream from the camera or the DVR. I would hope a DVR can set the time itself...cameras may not though.

19 minutes ago, pinkoos said:

Yes, the direct camera feed has a time/date stamp - when I reboot the Wattbox, that time/date stamp reset.  I'm not sure if the cameras get their time/date from the NVR or from each camera itself.

EITHER one should have the ability to set an NTP server - which probably wasn't done so it's defaulting to a standard time (I'm guessing 0:00 GMT or Shanghai)

Archived