C4 Forums | Control4

Update can not access internet

Hi, in trying to update my system today I had the odd error that stated "Unable to obtain update information from the web interface at"..... "Verify that Internet access is available from Director"

I checked "Test Internet Connection" under System Diagnostics and it shows that update services are available, so I am not sure where the problem lies.

I rebooted the system several times, but just can not figure out the problem.

I have never had trouble in the past to update the system, but did add a new router about a month ago.

Any thoughts?

Joe

Well, typically I upgrade by downloading a copy of the version of Composer Pro that I'm upgrading the system to, and then connecting to the controller through that version of Pro to do the update... what version of Pro are you using?

Yes. I know, I know I should not have it, but since I have had my system since the first week C4 started selling I have always been able to get it. I know there are several of us out there.

Anyone still care to help? I do understand if not though!

• 2 months later...

question......

If I buy and install a new router, what do I need to do to my system? Composer pro setup, Control4, with Rhapsody? any simple solutions?

Thanks. Yes, not a dealer, but smarter than the dealer that tried to program my system. (I think he stayed at the Holiday Inn Express)

just program the toggle onto the # or * key, I have that for my cable box power. Just click onto the TV in the system design tab. You'll see a screen popup with the options of Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, etc... Just go under the # or * key in the code section and tell the button what you would like for it to do.

I am experiensing the same problem now. My old HTC stoped working the other day, so I took it down to work and changed it in a new one. But when I now try to update the system on the new HTC, I get the same error message saying "Unable to obtain update information from the web interface at URL...". When I checked "Test Internet Connection" under System Diagnostics, it showes nothing at all on updates web service, but CD & DVD lookup service and Media Web Service connects successfully.

I updated my old HTC whit the same router a while ago whit no problems at all. Do any one knows what the problem might be?

Owe Andre

Thank you for your advice. I tried this now, but there are no change. I just get the same error message. Any other thoughts on how I can solve this? Whit out my C4 system up and running, I feel like I am back in the stone age... :P

Archived