C4 Forums | Control4

IP Cameras - looking for recommendations

dinosaur

I've just ordered the camera and have not yet received it. I believe it DOES have contacts. But that doesn't help except' date=' as Codeman suggests, to connect the Cardaccess Motion Detector. Correct?

Thanks.[/quote']

No, I wired the contacts from the camera to the contact switch, because we didnt have a wire running from the camera's location to the controller to use the contacts on the back of the controller. By using the card access piece, we use the camera's built in ability to trigger the contact based on motion, which sends the signal out of the contacts on the back to the card access piece, which then converts it to zigbee and the controller picks it up as an event.

OK, got it. Thanks Code. I will have to have my dealer use the CardAccess Switch just as you did. I can't easily get another wire up there so I will have to do it wirelessly. Too bad. As good as Zigbee is, I'd much rather it be hard-wired.

Thanks again for your help everyone!

• 2 months later...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dinosaur... found this thread after I posted in the new thread about motion detection. Did you ever get this to work? Does anyone know if the the HCM581A or 511A/531A models have these green contacts to connect to?

• 2 weeks later...

Cody, I am looking at that page on the manual but am not sure exactly how it would be wired to trigger based on the camera detecting motion. As far as I can tell from the manual the G-1 and G-2 are for triggering the camera to record when an external sensor is triggered. The 3-4 relay can turn on a light etc but are those triggered by camera motion?

Archived