C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Motion/HE questions

Hi

I have several C4 motions (Control4® ZCA-WMS10-2EXT-ZP) with external antenna (battery powered). Is there any way to rename them in Composer HE? Also I noticed they only recently made them available with external antenna -- is this an admission that there are Zigbee connection issues? The external antenna looks ugly and seems like a band-aid measure. Thanks.

You can't rename devices in Composer HE but there is a 3rd party driver that will do that for you called the "Renamer" driver.  It's cheap and does the job.   You will not be able to rename rooms.  I can sell it to you or contact @msgreenf if you prefer to have it sold to you by the developer.

On 4/25/2019 at 3:48 PM, dcovach said:

You can't rename devices in Composer HE but there is a 3rd party driver that will do that for you called the "Renamer" driver.  It's cheap and does the job.   You will not be able to rename rooms.  I can sell it to you or contact @msgreenf if you prefer to have it sold to you by the developer.

Thanks. Any thoughts on the antenna thing? Odd they added that if their zigbee is robust!

Archived