C4 Forums | Control4

URL from Control4

JEC

Curious if there is a driver that can call a URL w/in control4. I would like to programmatically change the profile in blue iris. This can be done through accessing a specific url on the blue iris server. I ultimately want to create a “party mode” button that (among other things) turns off motion alerts/alarms. Thanks!

5 hours ago, JEC said:

Curious if there is a driver that can call a URL w/in control4. I would like to programmatically change the profile in blue iris. This can be done through accessing a specific url on the blue iris server. I ultimately want to create a “party mode” button that (among other things) turns off motion alerts/alarms. Thanks!

Which BI driver do you have?  The paid one has this feature in the driver.  I use it as I have different recording profiles based on being home or away from my house 

@eggzlot Thanks. I am using the "free" C4 BI Driver.  I was talking to the author of the other several months ago and he indicated that the pay driver required some update.  Additionally I wanted more discrete control than just home / away.

@alanchow Thank you!  Will check it out.  Would be a lot quicker than trying to write my own!

1 hour ago, JEC said:

@eggzlot Thanks. I am using the "free" C4 BI Driver.  I was talking to the author of the other several months ago and he indicated that the pay driver required some update.  Additionally I wanted more discrete control than just home / away.

Paid driver has been working fine for me over the last ~3 years.  I am on 2.10.x and no hiccups or issues that I can detect.

You can get more discrete control - I said I use it for home and away.  There are 7 profiles if I am not mistaken in BI.  You can program anything in C4 to change those profiles - can be a keypad press, a custom button, an experience button, changing of alarm states, change of variable states, opening of a garage door, etc.  Any action within C4 can change to any 1 of the 7 set profiles in BI.

Hope that explains it a bit better.

Archived