C4 Forums | Control4

Luma Navigation (NVR 510) driver function

jfh

I am thinking of adding a LUMA 510 NVR to my system and adding some Luma 710 cameras.  The HDMI output will be connected to a video matrix.

What functions will the Luma navigation driver add to the system?  I would like to be able to select each camera as a separate video source as well as a grid view from the Watch screen showing best possible resolution.  Does the Luma NVR driver show up as a selectable video device?

(this would be in addition to the regular 720p Security screen view).  I know I will have to use two different sub streams per camera.

Hate my luma system. It is basically rebranded Hikvision which is ten times cheaper. The iPhone app is the same. The crappy windows or Mac control app is the same. Luma is behind in software updates, camera updates etc vs hik. So get hik if you want luma. I wouldn’t do either if I were to start over. If you still want to do it I can give you a really cheap offer on my luma 500 dvr system and 9 cameras!

29 minutes ago, pkkaiser said:

Hate my luma system. It is basically rebranded Hikvision which is ten times cheaper. The iPhone app is the same. The crappy windows or Mac control app is the same. Luma is behind in software updates, camera updates etc vs hik. So get hik if you want luma. I wouldn’t do either if I were to start over. If you still want to do it I can give you a really cheap offer on my luma 500 dvr system and 9 cameras!

What would you use?

Archived