C4 Forums | Control4

Mp3 Music - Connection Lost

RandyT

I am new to this forum, so please be patient with my post.

I have been a Control4 system owner for about 3 years. I don't have any of the bells and whistles yet, but C4 works great for home theater (satellite TV), music from CD's I have burned, and the Screensaver. Lately, the Mp3 Music connection has not worked at all. When I try to 'Add' or 'Scan' I get the following error message:

Composer

The device you are trying to access appears to be offline. Check its connections and try again.

I would appreciate any guidance in solving this problem. I am trying to avoid having to get my AV contractor back out here. His service calls are pricey. Thanks for any help!

Randy

Where is the music stored?

ANSWER: Windows Explorer\My Documents\My Music ... I just rip from CD's to this location on my computer's HDD. In the past I have been to Add and Scan into Control4. I'm on XP Home Edition.

What version is your director on?

Also what software are you using to scan or add music?

ANSWER: Composer Media Edition 1.3.2.318

If you need more information please let me know. I appreciate your interest.

Sorry about the double-posted question.

I have a network (Cisco-Network Magic) and I see the controller on the network 'map'. There are no alerts and the controller is functioning normally. Only the Mp3 area of Composer isn't gives an error. I guess the 'storage device' would be the HDD on my XP-based computer.

Let me know if I've only confused things more with my answers. Thanks again for the input.

Randy, from your XP computer click on the network neighborhood, and double click on the controller and see if you can find the Media folder.

(damn it might be called audio)

Check inside to see if you can see your music.

Tranfer the new files from your computer onto the controller.

Tell the controller to rescan its library

That way it will not have to go out to your computer.

Edited to add, You should consider a checkup from your dealer. Even if just to find out about the newer services

Brent

Thanks, Brent, for your guidance and suggestions. I will give this a try when I get home tonight. I'm sure you're also right about the dealer checkup and I will follow-through on that as well.

Regards,

Randy

Archived