C4 Forums | Control4

EA5/SR260/Samsung NU8000

I have an EA5 Controller and running 2 zones.  Both are Samsung TV Rooms.  

My programming is sketchy at best.  

I have under Watch:

TiVo

Netflix (From Samsung NU8000)

HBO Now (TV App also)

Amazon Prime (TV App also)

Plus a General App (TV Apps)

I cannot turn the room off, I cannot turn the television on and the only selection that now works is the TiVo.  

Initially, they all worked.

I had similar issues with my Samsung BluRay 9700 series  upon first setup.  I don’t know if that’s even working as I don’t use it that often.   

I have a Samsung Q9FN in the other “zone”, it too has issues, maybe not as bad  

Dealer/Programmer solution - “Buy a real television” (they’re LG dealer).  

What are your thoughts?  Is it poor programming?  The original programming was by a new tech.  Cleaned up by a more seasoned C4 tech.   

This will be the 3rd Reprogramming without adding equipment, routines, etc. Just to make it “work”. I’m 100% sure I’ll be billed for hours again.

Are there separate drivers for the Samsung NU8000 versus Q9FN?

What’s a fair hourly C4 offsite programming rate?

I don’t want to piss my dealer off by moving the C4 acct, but I’m not sure they care about my situation as much as they should. I do need them for installs etc. And I like the tech guys personally. I’m in such a hard spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong driver and likely easy to fix

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. Are you certain or just assuming it’s an issue of using the wrong driver? I need something to take to my dealer. They hate that I like to do my own research. But as a consumer with over $30k invested in smart “stuff”, I want to be smart about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so looking at this the problem seems kinda basic.

You have 2 TV's called Smart TV and it looks like you are using teh Denon AVR in both rooms?  can you please confirm?  It looks like they connected the HDMI 1 and HMDI 4 in the living room TV both to the zone 1 and zone 2 outputs of the denon AVR.

Since I am not there to trace the wires - i need you to.  Can you please tell me the following:

Denon Zone 1 output is connect to which room? And which HDMI on the TV?

Denon Zone 2 output is connect to which room? and which DHMI on the TV?

If you can trace this, I can fix it in composer.  but it totally makes sense what is going on.  

Your dealer also didn't enable driver auto update - so I enabled that for you.

If you tell me how this is wired I will ask for payment via paypal https://paypal.me/ghctim or venmo @gchtim and it will be $30 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.