C4 Forums | Control4

Workaround

Well I posted this here to find out how to workaround a Missing Dealer. NO Contact and I would like to add some things to my system..

Suggestions?

This is Truly getting to be a pain with no contact from my dealer.

Why can't we at least be able to add a DVD Player? :/

Well I posted this here to find out how to workaround a Missing Dealer. NO Contact and I would like to add some things to my system..

Suggestions?

This is Truly getting to be a pain with no contact from my dealer.

Why can't we at least be able to add a DVD Player? :/

Sorry, find another dealer.

As has been discussed, this is the operating model of Control4. There are pros and cons of this model, as well as other models, but is is the one in place. Some members support it, some do not. You can always choose a new dealer, and dealers can even work remotely for you, which lessens the "pain" associated with the model. Perhaps the model will change in the future, no one knows at this time. There are other automation vendors that give the customer less control over their equipment (see AMX, Crestron) and vendors that give more control (CQC).

Great, I ask for assistance from others and codeman sends reading material.

It's more than I want to retype, and it's interesting to get everyone's take so you can get a full understanding of what's going on. By all means, I am willing to help (and have helped) anyone on this board, locally and nationwide, but I will not be distributing copies of Composer PRO to anyone for any reason. It's a quick path to losing the company's dealer license and me being unemployed. Sorry.

There are a few workarounds.

1) Find a new physical dealer. Since you don't seem interested in this option, we'll move on.

2) Find an online dealer who will add equipment for you. This is the option Codeman suggests, and probably isn't a bad route to go. There are dealers who will add equipment and do the software bindings and addressing which are the most likely thing to setup wrong.

3) Become a dealer. You'll have to be approved by a Control4 RSM, and make a hefty initial buy, but hey, then you can do whatever you want.

Edited to Add: Oh, and you'll have to fly out to Utah or Chicago or Atlanta (I think) to attend a 3-day training session that teaches you how to run ComposerPro, along with other things.

Dealers have already done all that hard work, and earned the right to do that initial setup and maintenance. That's Control4's business model, and no dealers here (and there are a lot of them on the forums) are going to give you ComposerPro.

RyanE

Ok, I don't wish anyone to be unemployed.

I will not ask you.

Others?

You seem like a cool guy. Here goes; I will probably get banned for his, but I'll do anything to help a fellow Control4 addict in need!

EDIT: Fixed typo in the link.

EDIT2: I made C4 4 All believe I posted a link to Composer Pro 1.7.3.20 and really linked him up to an, uh, alternative site. Once I new I got that jerk I removed the URL with this edit.

What, me, asshole?

What are you talking about?

As far as site membership, I have actually never been to that site. A friend told me he thought a guy with your "demeanor" would love that site.

I should really take that link down until I figure out what it is. A friend told me that would be a funny sight to send people to, but I don't dare do it at work...

Knowing this friends sense of humor I could lose my job for going to this site.

Archived