C4 Forums | Control4

Discrete Volume in Living Room

I was wondering why i cant enable discrete volume in my living room but can if i want to use the master bedroom

My living room has a denon 4306 and i want to use an anouncement when i press the lights to come in the house. If i want to use the master bedroom i can use discrete volume as its not enabled. I dont use a control4 amp in the living room. In the master bedroom i use a control4 speaker point.

Since i use the speaker point is that why i can use discrete volume?

hey Ryan

so i guess in a nutshell if the living room (Denon 4306) was at a high or low volume when the unit was powered off the last state is what the announcement is going to be at ...makes sense but kinda a bummer.

What you are describing is the reason we rarely use a non C4 device for announcements. With a receiver, you have to wait for it to power up, and you are stuck at the last volume setting, etc. With a speakerpoint or C4 amp, you have discrete volume settings when the announcement triggers.

My setup is as follows

I have a hc 300 as my only controller in the living room with a denon 4306 as my receiver. 4 in wall speakers and no control4 amp. im running the latest 1.72. I dont have a speaker point downstairs but do upstairs. not sure what else you want to know...i have 26 dimmers but that irrelevant...lol

I didnt know the denon had a set turn on volume option..??

My setup is as follows

I have a hc 300 as my only controller in the living room with a denon 4306 as my receiver. 4 in wall speakers and no control4 amp. im running the latest 1.72. I dont have a speaker point downstairs but do upstairs. not sure what else you want to know...i have 26 dimmers but that irrelevant...lol

I didnt know the denon had a set turn on volume option..??

So connect the dennon to the HC300 via serial and use the serial driver.

yes, at least in my case I had to put a delay on it. I created 2 separate announcements for each announcements. The first with no delay which goes to all my stand a lone speakers, then the second with a delay that goes to my denon avr.

Archived