C4 Forums | Control4

Zigbee Pro distance vs current Zigbee distance

C4Newbie

So I currently have some outdoor lighting controlled by C4 (C4 switches and dimmers) and the signal is not strong enough. Sometimes the lights go on and sometimes they don't, etc. I have 2 Zigbee repeaters (one inside and one outside) but the signal is still too weak.

Just wondering if Zigbee Pro may have a stonger signal and possibly help resolve my issues or should I look into other repeater / antenna solutions? Also, what other benefits might Zigbee Pro offer?

ZigbeePro is a new *software* stack, which does not change the underlying hardware, so I'd say if you have signal issues now, you may still have signal issues with ZigbeePro.

That said, it should allow you to have multiple ZAPs (Zigbee Access Points), so if you have a controller closer to the problem devices, maybe it can talk to them.

As far as other benefits, I'm not going to elaborate on them at the moment.

RyanE

It's really hard to say, unfortunately, but it certainly could be something that would help.

I think probably the biggest 'win' to going to ZigbeePro would be to be able to interoperate with other (non-Control4) ZigbeePro devices. For example, the Black and Decker door locks that were shown at CEDIA and CES are ZigbeePro.

RyanE

Archived