C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 access in multiple rooms

Hello,

I am interested in connecting three rooms to my control4 system located in my theater room. I want to have access to my 2 Sony 777s which are located in my theater room in the other three rooms as well. Therefore I am looking at using a 4x4 component matrix switch and connect the HC300, the 2 Sony 777s, and a DVR as the inputs and the 3 additional rooms (with their own C4 remote) and my theater room as the outputs. The C4 remote will also operate the local equipment (TV, DVD player, etc) in each room.

I understand that I can't access 2 different movies on the same disc changer at the same time. But will this setup allow me to have access to the control4 system in all 4 rooms and not crash the system? I have spoken to 2 different control4 dealers and I get conflicting answers. Please help. Thanks.

You can have the circle on all the tvs at the same time with a video matrix. The problem becomes when more than one person is trying to use the same navigator at the same time, you fight for control. This (among other reasons like sufficient zigbee coverage, etc) is one of the reasons that C4 recommends one controller per TV.

Please explain. Are you saying that I cant have the Control4 circle on all TVs at the same time? I dont imagine that I will be calling up the control4 at the exact same time in different rooms.

I personally am using one navigator on four TV's, and it works great. The only time it would be problematic is if two different people in two different rooms tried to use the GUI at the exact same time.

It wouldn't cause a problem or anything, I have actually never tried.

I would imagine the two people would "fight" each other to get the correct command in. Two people would be controlling it at the same time, so you would obviously have undersired results.

Once my kids get older, to where they will use it themselves (next year probably) I will buy an HC200 or two. Those are inexepensive, can fit behind the wall mount tv, and can serve as navigator wonderfully.

Archived