C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE upgrades

Do you have to pay for upgrades to ComposerHE? I am currently running Director 1.6.0.512 and ComposerHE 1.6.0.488. There is all this talk on here about 1.73 so I would like to get an upgrade - I assume that I will have to pay my dealer for his time to do the upgrade but what about the software?

No, you bought ComposerHE, and that includes upgrades to match your system.

Your license for HE does not expire, although the 4Sight subscription that comes with HE *does* expire a year after it's activated.

You should just need a link to the new HE software.

At least that's my understanding.

RyanE

The license for ComposerHE is perpetual so no cost for the ComposerHE upgrade. There is no cost for the actual Control 4 system software at this time. However, as you stated your dealer may charge you for his time to install the software and test the upgrade.

• 4 weeks later...

....but where does the updates/downloads appear? I am signed in to the My.control4.com page now and have combed the site, starting with the "downloads" - the only options there are Composer ME (with or without documentation)....need to get latest version of Composer HE but neither my dealer, nor the site are any help.... This seems to be a persistent problem in the forums, can anyone answer that?

Archived