C4 Forums | Control4

Media Manager not Responding (error)

Going into Composer HE and getting this error when trying to connect to Home Controller HC500 - first time I have had a problem with it.

I guess I should start by resetting the controller, but has anyone else seen this?

Has anyone had this come up - Media Manager not responding - everything works except, media - does not show any of the 20,000 songs I have loaded on the MC-500. I can look at the HD and see all the files? I guess the program is corrupt and I assume I will need to reinstall? Is this a good time to go to 1.7.3 - if I do that upgrade, will it fix the problem (a good guess)? I have an e-mail into my installer, but they have not replied yet.

Has anyone had this come up - Media Manager not responding - everything works except, media - does not show any of the 20,000 songs I have loaded on the MC-500. I can look at the HD and see all the files? I guess the program is corrupt and I assume I will need to reinstall? Is this a good time to go to 1.7.3 - if I do that upgrade, will it fix the problem (a good guess)? I have an e-mail into my installer, but they have not replied yet.

Quite a bit of songs, what's the master controller in your project, is it an MC or HC-500?

Its a MC-500 - never had any problems. Just got a new computer and loaded HE onto it - it worked well for a couple days and then this error has popped up. Actually was not adding any music to the system, but I have been taking my DVDs out of the 777 to copy for a portable Archos 7 - so I would then put them back in and update their location. Funny thing - I can still see all the DVDs (just the music is not correct).

Its a MC-500 - never had any problems. Just got a new computer and loaded HE onto it - it worked well for a couple days and then this error has popped up. Actually was not adding any music to the system, but I have been taking my DVDs out of the 777 to copy for a portable Archos 7 - so I would then put them back in and update their location. Funny thing - I can still see all the DVDs (just the music is not correct).

It's an HC-500 then, the first generation of controllers included the Home Theater Controller and the Media Controller. All the new models (200, 300, 500, 1000) are HC models. I was trying to clarify because it can make a difference when running a project newer than 1.6 on an HTC or MC, versus the newer HC class.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting, my dealer came in to do warranty work and install the ipod dock. He started the software upgrade and pulling wires. After the upgrade, the media controller is functioning correctly??? I will play with it over the next few days to see if it stays functional.

Archived