C4 Forums | Control4

AACS finalized for Blu-ray players.

ICT will be in use and analog (read: component) connections will be limited to SD output.

"New players after December 31, 2010 must limit analog video output of BD content to interlaced standard definition (480i/576i). Then, 2013 is the expiration date for analog video: no player that passes "Decrypted AACS Content" to analog video outputs may be manufactured or sold after December 31, 2013."

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2849

Exactly, this is kind of pointless when AACS has already been cracked. A lot of people will likely be PO'ed that they won't be able to hook up a BR player to an older TV that doesn't have HDMI inputs, particularly if BR players are <$50 by 2013 which will likely be the case and no one will be buying DVD players since BR players are the same price.

And I was just thinking last night how much I dislike HDMI, mainly due to the physical connectors taking up so much room behind components / TVs, and the chords not being able to make the turn.

Or just stick it to the man and archive your HD media :-p

That's a great point. All my HD media is already archived, and I don't even own a BlueRay player!

I have nothing to worry about thanks to the trusty EVA9150.

The irony of this is that I finally got my component cable rewired to my displays from the new central location for my gear last night, and I was thinking to myself, great, now I need to run cat5 to the displays for baluns in the future... LOL

The irony of this is that I finally got my component cable rewired to my displays from the new central location for my gear last night, and I was thinking to myself, great, now I need to run cat5 to the displays for baluns in the future... LOL

Just use that as an excuse to buy a new house.....climbing up in the attic sucks =)

Archived