C4 Forums | Control4

c4 wall10 ribbon preventing flush mount

stamatopo

I recently purchased a c4 wall 10” touch screen unit. The Ribbon connecting the unit to the wall box has a small squared component in between which is preventing the unit from slotting in and being flush to the wall. See pics for more details.

can someone recommend a replacement ribbon that isn’t intrusive to the mounting?

Thanks 

FCDBB4E3-58AE-4BB5-A7DD-91DB97B6CEB7.jpeg

5440712B-8963-4E15-A6DA-464D8901A798.jpeg

FFF2F52E-F692-48CB-AFF9-FB9D6BA011E4.png

2 hours ago, SouthernSmarthome said:

Thanks for clarifying, the problem is that unit can be pulled out with little force as it doesn't seem as secure compared to the previous generation models, or am I missing something here?

That’s because it’s not really supposed to be flush. It’s also why the pads are included for the back of the TS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for clarifying, the problem is that unit can be pulled out with little force as it doesn't seem as secure compared to the previous generation models, or am I missing something here?

I would agree with cyknight, the backbox has to be cut in where it slides in and out snug, not loose, and not tight, then dont overtighten the backbox wings or will suck into the wall a little bit which will cause it not to lock in properly. when putting in the power box don't overtighten those screws either or it will bend ,once it locks in properly its not coming out easily

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.