C4 Forums | Control4

Jandy Aqualink Serial Adaptor - C4 Driver has bugs

dinosaur

My dealer installed the driver and set up the binding to my HC500 Serial 2 connection this evening and we started testing.

Navigator control works well.

However:

He set up several light scenes so that 4sight can be used but:

In Programming, the following problems are evident:

1. Pool Light ON/OFF is not discrete ON/OFF. ON or OFF both act as a toggle.

2. Heater Enabled ON/OFF is non-functional

3. Pool Pump ON/OFF works correctly

The lights and heater issue is a disappointment because you cannot use 4Sight (with lighting scenes).

If any dealer here has suggestions that I can pass on to my dealer it would be appreciated.

Heater – is a known issue.

The Lights – I believe you’re trigging from the aux, is only a relay. Nothing you can do there.

Yes, the lights are triggering from AUX 1 (the self propelled vacuum (Polaris) is on AUX 2).

I didn't realize that I would not be able to have my dealer program these functions for use in 4Sight (using lighting scenes as a work around).

I'm disappointed. Is there any hope that Control4 will address these issues or at least give 4Sight a dedicated functionality for pool control?

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

2 things: 4sight will probably change when 2.0 comes out so that the UI looks like you were at one of the touch panels. ControlUI has also mentioned that they will enable 3G on the iPhone App for C4. I do not have date for either one of these items. Maybe someone else at C4 does.

2 things: 4sight will probably change when 2.0 comes out so that the UI looks like you were at one of the touch panels.

I haven't heard anything about this, I suspect 4Sight will still look like 4Sight, even in 2.0.

RyanE

My dealer installed the driver and set up the binding to my HC500 Serial 2 connection this evening and we started testing.

Navigator control works well.

However:

He set up several light scenes so that 4sight can be used but:

In Programming, the following problems are evident:

1. Pool Light ON/OFF is not discrete ON/OFF. ON or OFF both act as a toggle.

2. Heater Enabled ON/OFF is non-functional

3. Pool Pump ON/OFF works correctly

The lights and heater issue is a disappointment because you cannot use 4Sight (with lighting scenes).

If any dealer here has suggestions that I can pass on to my dealer it would be appreciated.

It looks like the Jandy Heater option cannot be addressed based on their protocol. They Jandy Heat only clicks on once the set point has been reached.

So far In the beta tests on 1.8.x it looks like the discrete functionalities for on and off have been addressed.

• 1 month later...

My dealer told me he could not get my Jandy wireless remote system to integrate with C4 - he didn't even try. I really only want to control lights and the "one button spa" controls (one button flips the filtration to the spa, turns on the heat and turns on the blower).

If this is possible, is there a driver out there I can use so I don't have to keep paying this guy to "create a driver" that already exists?

• 2 weeks later...

Does the current driver work with teh "one touch" commands?

For example - the "spa" one touch command on the jandy could be setup to turn on spa light, flip the filter pump to flow to/from the spa, and turn on the heater. All I would need C4 to do is send a command that activates the "spa one touch"

• 2 years later...

I've discovered what I think are further issues with the Jandy driver under 1.8.. For instance, I can't seem to reliably trigger a programming block from the pump event. That is, if I use a:

When poolpump mode has changed:

start pooltimer

etc...

In debugging the programming I've been able to trigger the event using "execute" and I have seen it trigger a few times on its own, but it is not consistent. In fact, if hasn't triggered in weeks of everyday use now after triggering for the first few days after install.

Events are triggering in general - for instance I have a pool pressure sensor that triggers when it changes state.

What I am trying to do is start a timer when the main pump is started and then shut the pump down if it hasn't reached pressure in a specified time - or to shut down if for some reason the pump loses prime and the pressure drops.

I've gotten around all the known bugs as reported here in this thread. The system works pretty well actually. I just am stymied by this strange event behavior.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance...tjq

Archived