C4 Forums | Control4

Delay on SR250 Pager

Why is there a delay on the SR250 pager function. It sometimes can take up to a minute from when i press the button to page until the remote starts to beep. is this normal? Is there any way to correct this? Also, it seems to work much faster when the remotes display is on.

Thanks for any help in advance.

It takes up to 60 seconds because the remote is not in constant communication with the controller. This is done to extend the battery life on the remote. The remote checks in every minute so it can take up to a minute for the remote to get the command to beep. When the display is on the remote is already talking to the controller so it can take less time. There is no way to change this behavior.

No, it's because the remote is a 'sleepy' device.

When it's not active (i.e. you're pressing buttons, or navigating the menu), it doesn't stay connected to the ZigBee mesh. It powers down, and waits to either be woken up via motion or another button press, or to time out and 'check in' with the controller. It checks in to see if it's supposed to either get an update, or whether it should beep for the 'find me' functionality.

If the controller has nothing for it, it goes back to sleep. All the sleeping is to help save battery life.

RyanE

• 4 months later...
I just swapped out all my remotes to the sr250(thanks to the control4 discount swap) Where is the button to page the remote?

There is no button on the remote to page the remote. The beep feature to help locate a lost remote must be programmed om a button. For example you can use a custom button on any COP OSD to have it page the remote or you could program a button on a keypad to beep the remote.

First you have to pick a button or double tap or hold or something to initiate it. In my case I am using a 6 button. So I go into composer and select my 6 button on the left, I then choose press. On the right top side I choose the remote. Then on the bottom right you have 3 options. They are-beep till button pressed on the remote, beep till button pressed or 30 seconds, and stop beep. I chose the second option. Now when I press the 6 button my remote starts chirping. Pretty cool.

*edit* darn,Henniae beat me too it. Guess I shouldn't have eaten the fruit loops before finishing my post.

There is one more thing to add.

The subject of this post is "delay on SR250 Pager". The reason there is a delay from the time you request that the remote beep and when the remote starts beeping is because the remote is a sleepy device and only wakes up to check in with the controller once every minute. Because of this it can be up to a minute before the remote sees that it must start beeping.

Archived