C4 Forums | Control4

Integrated alarm with TXT capabilities

Looking at various alarm options discussed in this forum it looks like GE Concord 4 is almost everyone's favorite. While a good product overall, it does not seem to have a capability to send out a text message based on pre-defined triggers (e.g. like Siemen's Solution 16Plus, etc, etc).

Are there any other alarms that C4 supports within Concord 4 price range that allow to do this? - or is there a way (through extension modules, etc - to allow txt capability in Concord 4? (I'd prefer to avoid writing new drivers if possible)

You could certainly send an email out to an email-to-sms gateway to send an alert based on the panel going into alarm or sensors opening / closing, etc., although that would not be supported as a 'life and safety' system (i.e. if the internet connection is down, or slow servers, etc., the SMS may be delayed).

I don't know of any HA-compatible alarm panels that have that, except *maybe* the HAI or ELK panels, but they don't integrate as nicely with the Control4 system as the Concord 4.

RyanE

Thanks Ryan. So the logic will be

1. Alarm generates a trigger

2. Control4 gets it through RS232 interface

3. Control4 sends out an email based on the trigger - eg to SMS gateway address

Correct? :rolleyes:

Archived