C4 Forums | Control4

Lighting Scene issues

I've got this issue I can't seem to figure out. I'm wanting to set up a lighting scene for my lights at night to ramp to 10% between 12-5am. I'm familiar with how to do the programming, that's not the issue. The issue is once the programming is in place the lights will ramp to 100% for a second (defeating the purpose of the "night light" scene) then ramp DOWN to 10%. Maybe I'm missing something in the programming, I don't know??? My dealer has the switches/dimmers bound to the light(s), he mentioned that that shouldn't be an issue. Just to confirm, I had him unbind one light and put the programming in and the same thing happened. Any help would be great!

Thanks

I've seen this when the ramp rate is short duration. Just drag it out 5 sec. on the ramp up and see what happens. This works for me on my bathroom lights that I fire-up real low (Barry White tribute mode) over the Jacuzzi. I think Cody's comment about phase-programming max level should be OK too.

I've seen this when the ramp rate is short duration. Just drag it out 5 sec. on the ramp up and see what happens. This works for me on my bathroom lights that I fire-up real low (Barry White tribute mode) over the Jacuzzi. I think Cody's comment about phase-programming max level should be OK too.

Change the Preset level

^Why? I like my preset level. That's not the issue, it's the overshoot past that and settling back to that value that is unnecessary. I've seen it and it's what the OP is complaining about,

^Why? I like my preset level. That's not the issue, it's the overshoot past that and settling back to that value that is unnecessary. I've seen it and it's what the OP is complaining about,

Did you change the preset level using scheduler between 12 and 5 to 10?

• 2 months later...
Sorry for the long delay. Summer's now almost gone, back to the grind. Here is the programming I've tried with no success, any help would be great!

Thanks

Move your programming to the release of the button, not the press of the button.

Also, I would do as suggested up thread and create a scheduler to adjust the max level. I guess the only problem with that would be if you ever wanted to turn them up higher.

Codeman, Controlfouruserguy & ILoveC4 thanks for your suggestions. I wasn't able to make the programming work by just moving it to the release of the button or by making the ramp rate longer??? I was able to make it work by changing the max_on_level. Why are the values for max_on_level, preset_level, etc. in a numeric value rather than a percentage??? It makes it very difficult to get 10% ramp level out of a numeric value, am I missing something, is there a option for a % value? Then trying to change the max_on_level back to "100%" the numeric value goes well into the 1000's. Any help would be great! Thanks

Archived