C4 Forums | Control4

Adding Wattbox to OvRC

msgreenf

it's used and I am locked out of the web interface - how do you reset a wattbox?  I can't read anywhere how to do that and SnapAV is closed.

That’s probably why you can’t add it to your account as well
Step one make sure it’s been released from the previous account
Step two is to log in and default it. I’m not going to post on a public forum this part. However you can get snap to help you if everything is free and clear.
Step three add to your account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can reset the password by using /password.cgi (ex: http://192.168.1.100/password .cgi ) after the IP address in your browser and using 'admin' as the username and nothing in the password field. 

Tony

It’s what snap support is saying. 
Sounds like there is another way. 

Yes
I’ve done it several times. Basically you reach out to the other dealer. If the are unresponsive, then you can get snap involved.
Bottom line is the gear belongs to the end user not the original dealer, unless there is a lease situation, which is highly unlikely.

Maybe southern smarthome hasn’t done it in a while but snap won’t do that anymore. Yes, they used to release it, but due to legal issues, they no longer will release it. 
Unless like I said , he has another method  but even factory resetting them won’t release the Mac from ovrc  

Mitch , I just read they did it for you. Wow ok , sounds like it depends on the support tech. 

On a job where I just installed a new Araknis switch to a huge Araknis install , previous dealer Is gone and snap would not do it because of lawsuits they told me. 

Mitch , I just read they did it for you. Wow ok , sounds like it depends on the support tech. 
On a job where I just installed a new Araknis switch to a huge Araknis install , previous dealer Is gone and snap would not do it because of lawsuits they told me. 

Yes. I got lucky.

Maybe southern smarthome hasn’t done it in a while but snap won’t do that anymore. Yes, they used to release it, but due to legal issues, they no longer will release it. 
Unless like I said , he has another method  but even factory resetting them won’t release the Mac from ovrc  

It’s been a couple of months but tech support was very helpful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.