C4 Forums | Control4

Adding Wattbox to OvRC

msgreenf

Just now, Cartnj said:

Snap is saying they had to defend from a lawsuit from an integrator after they released a system to another integrator. 
big companies have big money to pay attorneys. 

and this way it's another dealer that is doing - so Snap is not involved.  

The other dealer is going into a customers home and using a Hub to unregister the devices.  Snap isn't the one doing it

• 2 years later...

I ma looking to add a Brand new Wattbox to OVRC, the MAC Address is copied correctly but system is not finding it.

I have access to the Web Guide for the Wattbox and have set a reserved IP, is there anything else that I need to do to activate the Wattbox so that I can add it to OVRC? 

I ma looking to add a Brand new Wattbox to OVRC, the MAC Address is copied correctly but system is not finding it.
I have access to the Web Guide for the Wattbox and have set a reserved IP, is there anything else that I need to do to activate the Wattbox so that I can add it to OVRC? 
If you have scanning enabled in ovrc pro then it may be added already

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Just now, navman said:

Scanning is enabled and I still do not see it in my list of devices, I am checking by assigned IP address and hostname.

The Wattbox has a DHCP IP that is reserved, anything else I need to do?

Is it a new or used piece of equipment? If it's used then claimed and someone else's ovrc that is harder to get into your account

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but i am having the same issue with a recently acquired wattbox 800 and i already called SnapAV and they said it might just be a defective unit (out of warranty of course) and that it appears that the unit has never checked into the server (which they found unusual)
wondering if anyone had some tips/tricks that might get this on my OVRC account.
The web interface works fine, and i can add it to my C4 project without any issue.

@msgreenf did SnapAV do something on their end to get it working or did they have you do something on your side?

22 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

In ovrc if you have a pro device you cancleer the registration. I would also do a local firmware update 

i have the firmware updated to the latest. I have it on the same network as an EA5 and the EA5 can see it and connect to it via SDDP no problem. I don't see anywhere in composer where it shows that i can clear registration, etc.

any hints you can give me?

10 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

It's all done via ovrc 

yeah, i have done a scan and it doesn't show up there. it's the weirdest thing. in the web UI of the device it actually shows that it's cloud connected and even the logs show that it's connected and yet for some reason it will not show up on a full network scan at all.

yes i have it on a static ip and static DNS already
the weird part is that the logs state that it is connected:

[02-01T16:32:43] Connected to cloud!
[02-01T16:32:43] [CONNECTING]
[02-01T16:32:38] Data Base Updated

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue but with a Wattbox 300-3.  My 800 works fine, but the OVRC pro hub does not recognize the MAC AND does not see the Wattbox 300 on my network.  The WEB UI of the 300 says that its connect to the cloud.  Any thoughts on handling this?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, JEC said:

I have the same issue but with a Wattbox 300-3.  My 800 works fine, but the OVRC pro hub does not recognize the MAC AND does not see the Wattbox 300 on my network.  The WEB UI of the 300 says that its connect to the cloud.  Any thoughts on handling this?  Thanks!

you need to claim it via OVRC web site using the account takeover option. you need to pick your pro device and then go to pro tools and system takeover.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.