C4 Forums | Control4

[Old News] Site Usernames/emails/hashes leaked

just got notification from haveibeenpwnd.com that all of the accounts compromised from this site have been released. the dataset is about 4 years old (or more).  if you haven't changed your password, you should, and make sure that you're not using the same password on other sites. 

Just now, zaphod said:

Any idea if this is recent?  The site was pawned a few years ago.  I would suggest that you take down the file link as you are violatiing privacy by making that file easily accessible. 

Sorry, but with respect, you're not correct. This file is already public, and there are no restrictions against this. I've decided to post the direct link so people can see how they're affected. Also, a search of your email address at haveibeenpwned.com will yield the same file. 

Just now, alanchow said:

Its old.  So old that in fact its using an email address that i had which predates Chowmain Software & Apps.  So i would say its 4 years old at minimum.

thanks! good to know. i do believe this is the first time i've seen the complete dataset in the wild, though. have you seen it before? 

Just now, alanchow said:

It has been posted multiple times.

ok cool, if it's already been posted i'm happy to remove it. just want everyone to be aware that their info may be in the wild, since this is considered a new data source for people who watch for these things. 

Just now, brente said:

It seems as though it is the same data from the 2017 hack that pulled the user info from this web site...

yep, just checked a few other sources and found it with some other names, but the same set. most notably, on siph0n. thanks brente! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.