C4 Forums | Control4

Need Help With C4-16S2-E-B

Do you have a voltmeter? Does anything light up on it when connected to power? I have successfully replaced the power supply in one of these before.

Big caution!! Live electricity troubleshooting below. !!!

You could open it up. Set volt meter to VAC and then test the leads going into the box. Then test the output of the power supply. 12vdc or 15vdc. If I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Baubas Cat said:

I bought a used C4-16S2-E-B that I was told was working when it was pulled from a project but when I plug it in I get nothing. Are there any buttons I can hold when plugging it in or a fuse or anything other than just plugging it in to get it to work or was I just scammed?

vince nailed it. likely a bad power supply. Unlikely control4 will have parts for these either at this time. Hope you bought it from somewhere with a return policy or at least fix it and get a credit.

vince nailed it. likely a bad power supply. Unlikely control4 will have parts for these either at this time. Hope you bought it from somewhere with a return policy or at least fix it and get a credit.

I found a similar power supply with more amperage and replaced it with that. Was 3-4 years ago. But a good old electronics search should yield the required results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

Anyone happen to know what the minimum power supply requirement is for the C4-16S2-E-B? Have a client who's selling there home and wants to spend minimal $$ to have it working. unfortunately the system is very dated and he is looking down the edge of a slippery slop as his HC800 power cycles whenever we attempt to update or access certain composer options in the system. Hoping to just replace the power supply as to not have to deal with firmware at this time......hopefully.....

12 hours ago, Wblake said:

Anyone happen to know what the minimum power supply requirement is for the C4-16S2-E-B? Have a client who's selling there home and wants to spend minimal $$ to have it working. unfortunately the system is very dated and he is looking down the edge of a slippery slop as his HC800 power cycles whenever we attempt to update or access certain composer options in the system. Hoping to just replace the power supply as to not have to deal with firmware at this time......hopefully.....

SHNITPWR 5V 5A DC Power Supply Adapter 5 Volt 5 Amp 25W AC 100V~240V to DC Converter Transformer LED Driver with 5.5x2.5mm DC Tip for WS2812B WS2813 LED Pixel Strip TV Box USB HUB Raspberry Pi Arduino https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S7Q9J8G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Li-aFbFK3PSGE

I use this all the time - even comes with a nice adapter - so you don’t have to cut the wires 

1 minute ago, VINCELdUB said:

SHNITPWR 5V 5A DC Power Supply Adapter 5 Volt 5 Amp 25W AC 100V~240V to DC Converter Transformer LED Driver with 5.5x2.5mm DC Tip for WS2812B WS2813 LED Pixel Strip TV Box USB HUB Raspberry Pi Arduino https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S7Q9J8G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Li-aFbFK3PSGE

I use this all the time - even comes with a nice adapter - so you don’t have to cut the wires 

AC 110V/220V DC 5V 5A Power Supply 25W Switching Converter Adapter LED Power Supply for LED Strip Light,CCTV (5V 5A) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07Q2VXDKT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_IcH7Fb208MC21

VinceLdub  I have a C4-16S2-E-B and believe that the power supply has failed.   I noticed your links.  I am a novice at this type of repair.  after opening the unit the power supply does not look like the picture on the link.  I am unclear on how to mount and wire the replacement.  Are you available to answer some questions?  Also I notice that the links are for CN dollars.  Would you recommend anything different for US residents?  Sorry if these are dumb questions.   Thank you for your assistance in advance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.