C4 Forums | Control4

adding audio zones via button/voice

c4toys

Hi All,

I'm trying to add a room to an existing audio zone that is already playing(pandora, amazon music via hc800).. 1st I'm trying to get a custom button to work then I will setup a voice scene as well.. I have tried setting the current selected device to the "kitchen- current selected device" but the room does not turn on.. IF I turn the multiroom amp ON via programming-delay-then set source, it works but I have no volume control. Also c4 does not see the room as being active this way... I'm not able to figure out how to join 2 audio zones.. Tho as I type this I remember a room join driver of sorts... Your thought are appriated, Thanks

you can do media scenes.

you could also use the current selected device but you must make sure that you are doing it for the room you are wanting to add to the room that is currently in sessions.

voice programming would be exactly the same but I would use a routine to get more natural commands.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.