C4 Forums | Control4

Digital Audio Library Display Unreliable on Navigators

:cool:I have an HC300 with a Sony777, 6 Navigator panels and I just added a NAS drive (buffalo Linksys Pro) for digital audio. The Navigators will not reliably display the digital audio for My Artists, My Albums etc. from Digital Audio. I've only loaded 4 albums and 6 individual MP3 files to test the system. When I select My Albums the navigator either goes to a gray screen with Please Wait or it quickly flashes the correct screen and then places Updating Please Wait in the Title Box and never updates. The system is still functional, back button works etc. but it never returns from the "Please Wait" display. The 350+ albums from the Sony777 display correctly.

On rare occasions the Navaigators will display correctly and everything works fine. The digital audio display on the TV works correctly. I noticed small print in the lower right of the Navigator "Rapsody Service Error" and I don't have a Rahpsody account, never have had.

The digital audio plays correctly when I can access it. The Navigators are running 1.7.3.20. I added the NAS drive to the system using Easy Importer (latest version) and using an older (bad!bad! :/) HE version 1.3. It looks like the Navigators are having sync issues communicating with the HC300. Any ideas?

Unfortunately, as you may have found out, using unmatched versions of composer software with your project can cause corruption or instability. I'm not syaing that this is the cause 100% but it's what I would start with. There's no "trick" to the latest version for HE as a download - it's on one of the main pages on the dealer login.

The question is... If you knew it was bad to use 1.3 HE, why did you still use it? :) And why was your system updated without making sure you had a matching copy of HE? :)

:( Welllll....I had some extra time (very precious) and was in a hurry and my dealer said the download was a problem so I was setting everything up and the more I set up the more I got working (mostly) etc. etc. etc. and since I started writing Fortran probably before you were born I generally can figure most things out, though I often forget that once you become a manager by default you really don't know anything anymore....so the bottom line is....welll, I guess I shouldn't have added it with an old HE but the system did see it as an audio device and it did work and it really works well on the TV Interface...sigh....and I really wish there was more documentation on this kind of thing....

Haste makes waste- let your dealer handle this. I wish people would stop coming on here with lines like "I know what I'm doing therefore..."

But I DO know what I'm doing!!! The mistake wasn't my faulty, obviously faulty hardware. The problem happened when..... My dealer said he would look at when he gets back from [insert remote location here], but that might be a while and I was hoping you could help me.....

:) Thanks....I've been waiting weeks for the latest HE and keep hearing it's not available or the link doesn't work or there's a problem so after 6 weeks I just dove into it.....I realize it cost time and I appreciate the help on this forum. (How do you dealers make any money constantly supporting all this stuff or do you charge every time someone calls? I'm not real clear on the business model here...). Anyway my dealer is on it and I expect the latest sw any day now.....

:) Thanks....I've been waiting weeks for the latest HE and keep hearing it's not available or the link doesn't work or there's a problem so after 6 weeks I just dove into it.....I realize it cost time and I appreciate the help on this forum. (How do you dealers make any money constantly supporting all this stuff or do you charge every time someone calls? I'm not real clear on the business model here...). Anyway my dealer is on it and I expect the latest sw any day now.....

send me an email

I now have everything running V1.7.3.20, the Navigators, Media Composer and HE. I completely cleared the NAS drive, removed and reinstalled it using Easy Importer. I've added a few MP3 files and imported 2 CDs for a total of 6 albums. I still have issues accessing My Artists, My Albums etc. under Digital Audio. When the display works the lower right of the Navigator displays "Digital Audio". When it fails it displays "Rhapsody Service Error". I don't have Rhapsody and have never opened an account. I've also found the TV interface to digital audio displays the same problems now.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

I would try the following.

Clear the media database. Put the MP3's on a USB stick. Plug the USB stick into the HC300 and scan it. If you don't have issues with the MP3's on the USB stick I would look at the network and the NAS. What router and switch are you using?

Also disable Rapsody.

• 2 weeks later...

I put a few MP3 files and albums on a memory stick and had the same problem My dealer disabled Rhapsody completely and that solved the problem. There's no longer even a Rhapsody key on my displays. Hmmm, so if Rhapsody was connected would it work? Does 1.7.3.20 support on an HC300 support both a NAS drive and Rhapsody?

no problem, I just remember seeing youtube video of pissed off person trying to use media controller to play rhapsody and complaining how his c4 gets locked up etc.

What, really? Can you email me that link? I hope a dealer didn't upgrade his system. Depending on the amount of digital audio on the nas / distributed video, we spec an HC-1000 above a certain point. You just can't beat the performance of a dedicated controller (even running a 300 or 500 as director with other services disabled).

Archived