C4 Forums | Control4

Netflix Integration Soon?????

Once 2.0 comes out you will see a lot more options for services/things like this.

I would bet you my right eye it doesn't come out before 2.0, and after 2.0 it will take some flash developer with the SDK and a fair bit of time to put it together though.

Who knows, maybe Netflix will create it and offer the plug-in for sale....if they demand is big enough I could see them doing it.

If you mean streaming Netflix from your C4 controller (e.g. HC300 or HC500) than no I doubt you will see that. I don't think the controllers have the right hardware to stream Netflix.

I'm thinking it would be like Rhapsody...on my Control 4 I'll see "Netflix" and click the button. I then can see all their movies and pick anything I want...and have a subscription to go with that

If you mean streaming Netflix from your C4 controller (e.g. HC300 or HC500) than no I doubt you will see that. I don't think the controllers have the right hardware to stream Netflix.

I'm thinking it would be like Rhapsody...on my Control 4 I'll see "Netflix" and click the button. I then can see all their movies and pick anything I want...and have a subscription to go with that

That would just be the navigation of the library of movies. Netflix enabled devices need hardware and software to play the movie. The hardware in the HC300/HC500 is probably not designed to play Netflix.

You could get a BluRay player or a other Netflix enabled devices and add it to your system. I have installed several LG Bluray players that are Netflix enabled. You basically use the C4 remote to bring up the menu of the Netflix enabled device and navigate the menu to select movies.

Once 2.0 comes out you will see a lot more options for services/things like this.

I would bet you my right eye it doesn't come out before 2.0, and after 2.0 it will take some flash developer with the SDK and a fair bit of time to put it together though.

Who knows, maybe Netflix will create it and offer the plug-in for sale....if they demand is big enough I could see them doing it.

If that is where 2.0 is going (greatly enhanced video streaming capabilities with relative ease of customization) then I've got to say that I am excited about 2.0. Considering that $150 mini boxes now include these streaming services as an afterthought, it makes a ton of sense to more professionally integrate it into something like C4.

I saw this Speakercraft pre-announcement the other day and, although I recognize that there is a lot of hype here with no product and no installed base, its technically interesting.

http://www.cepro.com/article/speakercraft_nirv_ip_based_audio_1080p_video_intercom_data_control_over_one/

Clearly Cat5 streaming video is going to be a table-stakes offering in the home automation market sometime soon...

I don't think you will see the HC200/300/500 doing the video streaming....

I think it will be supported by the "unannounced" media point that they have been showing off to people all over the country behind closed doors.

This is of course if someone writes the driver. I am not saying it will happen, I just think if it does it will be in conjunction with the media point as opposed to the controllers.

Yeah I dont see enough "horsepower" on the controllers to do this, I want my project to be responsive - I have a blu-ray player that will stream netflix, or I could get an Xbox, or we can hope for it on the media player in the future.

Archived