C4 Forums | Control4

V2 touchpanels keep refreshing to home location every 20 seconds

My installation is currently still in progress. I had one V2 touchpanel added to the system about 2 weeks ago which was working fine. Recently another V2 was added to the system and there is another V1 on the system. After those were added the V1 has been working fine but both of the V2s have started refreshing every 20 seconds, regardless of if I am trying to do something on them. The screen will pop up a 'System loading...' and then revert to the circle of power on the home location of the touchscreen, it basically makes it impossible to do anything that takes more than 20 seconds.

Any ideas? It sounds like they are conflicting somehow in director and I told my dealer but he didnt know off the top of his head what would do that so I thought Id ask here. He's going to be by sometime this week to fix it hopefully.

He gave them set IP addresses, so nope... and it happens even if one is off. They dont disconnect from the wireless they just keep reverting to home. I checked all the settings I have access to under the 'config' part of the panel and they are fine (screen saver/suspend 2-3 min etc).

Actually I think youre right, even though the FIOS router says 'static' for some things it seems to change its mind and then assign it a different IP, since the static IPs are being requested by the devices not being assigned by the router. Ill have to assign them via the router I guess but Im not sure exactly what the dealer has set on the devices other than the touchpanels. For example, if a 16 channel amp is given a static IP is that done in composer pro on the amp itself, or is that only done on the router?

I have run accross the same problem. The touch screen was set to a static IP, but it was one outside the range reserved and not assigned by the DHCP server. Mine was real flakey because it only happened when there were a large number of devices on the network and the DHCP got into the upper range of ip addresses. I just fat fingered the ip address on the touch screen when I set it up.

I also have a problem with a 3.5 wireless touch screen. I hope someone can help.

It has been working fine. It is v1. At various time the screen goes bright white. The gui is behind the blinding white screen. If I touch the screen and I hit the correct icon I can still get it to work. But I am not always that lucky. I must do a hard reboot each time this happens. It might go 1 week before it happens. Yesterday morning it happened, then when I saw it in the evening it happened again. Once again when I returned home from work today. It has been about 2 hours and it is still fine. I guess it is something with ht screen saver. I do have it set to go blank after 5 minutes.

Thanks for your time

Archived